Get Down Quiz 1
1. In 1995, who was the British Health Secretary who received heavy criticism after announcing a plan to close down 10 London hospitals?
2. County Down is one of the six counties of Northern Ireland. Name two of the other five.
3. And, through which two English counties do the North Downs run?
4. If you were to 'downshift', what would you be doing?
5. Where would you find a pull-down menu?
6. On which children's TV programme did John Noakes frequently tell his dog Shep to 'get down'?
7. Which couple appeared together for the first time in a film called 'Flying Down To Rio'?
8. Which glass and iron building, which staged the Great Exhibition of 1851 burnt down in 1936?
9. What word means to descend a vertical surface, by sliding down a rope.
10. The Oxford Down is a breed of which creature? Is it a) Horse, b) Duck or c) Sheep.
1. Virginia Bottomley
2. Two of Antrim, Armagh, Fermanagh, Londonderry, and Tyrone
3. Surrey and Kent
4. Putting a vehicle into a lower gear.
5. Computer screen (gives list of options)
6. Blue Peter
7. Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers
8. Crystal Palace