1. Who was the first man to run a mile in less than 4 minutes?
2. Who was the first woman to fly the Atlantic single handed?
3. Who was the first woman in space?
4. Who was the first ruler of the United Kingdom?
5. Who was the first man to sail single handed non stop around the world?
6. Who was the first British Prime Minister?
7. Which firsts should carry a lump of coal?
8. Who is the first Lord of the Treasury?
9. Who was Henry VIIIs first wife?
10. Who is referred to as The First Lady?
11. Man to play golf on the moon
12. Name of Mrs Beeton
13. Decade in which Oscars were awarded
14. Duo to be inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame
15. Captain of the USS Enterprise
16. Country to employ the metric system
17. Boxer to regain the World heavyweight title
18. Film to be made with a stereo soundtrack
19. Woman to present Grandstand
20. No 1 to feature bagpipes
1. Roger Bannister
2. Amelia Earheart
3. Valentina Tereshkova (in 1963)
4. James VI of Scotland James I of England
5. Robin Knox Johnston (1968-9)
6. Sir Robert Walpole
7. Firstfoots (First person over the threshold on New Years Day)
8. The Prime Minister
9. Catharine of Aragon
10. The Wife of the President of the United States
11. Alan Shephard
14. Everley Brothers
15. Christopher Pike
17. Floyd Patterson
19. Helen Rollason
20. Amazing grace