The following quiz round was submitted by Ted Smith from the UK. Many thanks Ted, a great idea.
The idea is that all the answers to the following questions follow each other in alphabetical order.
1. A Bridge Too Far was based on which WW2 landings?
2. On what river does Florence stand?
3. What has a point, a body and a knock?
4. What was the name of the cat that advertised Spillers Kat-o-meat?
5. Of which vegetable are Globe and Jerusalem varieties?
6. What kind of wood are cricket stumps usually made of?
7. What name is given to the first day of Lent?
8. Who wrote Foundation, Foundation & Empire and Second Foundation?
9. What was the first frozen food available in Britain?
10. What is acetyl-salicylic acid better known as?
11. What profession is considered to be the greatest insurance risk in the USA?
12. What is the geographical term for a ring-shaped coral island?
13. What is the state capital of Texas?
14. What do the Italians call their motorways?
15. Who was the German counterpart to Tokyo Rose?
3. An arrow
7. Ash Wednesday
8. Isaac Asimov
9. Asparagus (1937)
15. Axis Sally