The following quiz questions were submitted by Perry Bartlett. Perry runs a quiz night at Floyd's Bar, Cerro Branco, Albufeira in Portugal every Saturday & Wednesday night at 10pm. Many thanks Perry.
1. Which town was captured by the French on this day in 1558, ending 211 years of English rule?
2. Born on this day in 1896, which part did Arnold Ridley play in ?Dads Army??
3. 41 today (2008), on which comedy panel game was Mark Lamarr a team captain from 1995 to 1997?
4. On this day the musical composition ?Rhapsody in Blue? was completed by which American composer?
5. Nicholas Kim Coppola was born today in 1964, by what name do we usually know him?
6. Henry VIII?s first wife died on this day in 1536, who was she?
7. Which Japanese emperor died on this day in 1989, after 63 years of rule?
8. Which famous Italian landmark was closed to the public today in 1990 due to safety concerns?
9. Which world famous basketball team played its first game on this day in 1927?
10. How old is actress Helen Worth today (2008)?
2. Private Godfrey
3. Shooting Stars
4. George Gershwin
5. Nicholas Cage
6. Catherine of Aragon
8. Leaning Tower of Pisa
9. Harlem Globetrotters