1. The American Film Institute has several top 100 film lists.( Best films, best love stories, best musicals etc.) In their top 100 comedys, which actor appears a record eight times in films on the list ?
2. Which English city is the 'capital' of pop music with 56 different artists with number one hit songs ? July 08
3. An art technique and non-penetrative love making. Eight letters, third letter is an 'O'.
4. Which controversial Greek 'midget' can be found these days in paint, toothpaste, underpants, suncreme, sausages, and cosmetics, to name just a few ?
5. "Double, double toil and trouble". Act IV, scene I. Macbeth. With one word, complete some of the following tasty ingrediants the three witches add to the caldron boiling.
a. fillet of fenny ....
b. eye of ....
c. toe of ....
d. scale of ....
e. witches ....
f. wool of ....
g. blind worms ....
6. The Tynwald is the oldest existing continuous parliament in the world. Where is it found ?
c. Isle of Man
7. In Iran, under Islamic law, the majority of men and women condemned to die by stoning have commited what crime ?
8. What do each of the following weddings have in common ?
Bon Jovi and Dorthea Hurley,
Cindy Crawford and Richard Gere,
Angelina Jolie and Billy Bob Thornton,
Mickey Rooney and Ava Gardner,
Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward,
Elvis and Priscilla,
Bob Geldof and Paula Yates,
Frank Sinatra and Mia Farrow,
Britney Spears and Jason Alexander,
Michael Caine and Shakira Baksh and
Noel Gallagher and Meg Matthews.
9. What do each of the following love ?
10. Where in England would one find the largest clock hands ?
1. Cary Grant
3. Frottage (frotting)1: In frottage the artist takes a pencil or other drawing tool and makes a "rubbing" over a textured surface. The drawing can be left as is or used as the basis for further refinement. While superficially similar to brass rubbing and other forms of rubbing intended to reproduce an existing subject, and in fact sometimes being used as an alternate term for rubbing, frottage differs in being aleatoric or improvisational and random in nature. It was developed by Ernst in drawings made from 1925. Ernst was inspired by an ancient wooden floor where the grain of the planks had been accentuated by many years of scrubbing. The patterns of the graining suggested strange images to him. He captured these by laying sheets of paper on the floor and then rubbing over them with a soft pencil.
2: The second meaning of Frottage also involves rubbing but since this is a family site, we'll leave that to your imagination.
4. Nano (Greek for midget) particles
5. Seven Answers:
6. c. Isle of Man Tynwald (Manx: Tinvaal), or more formally, the High Court of Tynwald (Manx: Ard-whaiyl Tinvaal) is the bicameral legislature of the Isle of Man. It consists of the directly elected House of Keys and the indirectly chosen Legislative Council. The Houses sit jointly on Tynwald Day in St John's, and on other occasions in the Legislative Buildings in Douglas. Otherwise, the two Houses sit separately, with the House of Keys originating most legislation, and the Legislative Council acting as a revising chamber. It has been argued that Tynwald is in fact tricameral because in addition to the two branches sitting separately they also sit as a single body.
8. They were all wed or married in Las Vegas
9. Three Answers
c. the sea
10. On the Liver Building clock in Liverpool. The building is crowned by a pair of clock towers: as a ship passed along the river, mariners could tell the time from these. The clock faces are 25ft in diameter, larger than those of London's famous landmark, Big Ben, holding the distinction of being the largest electronically driven clocks in the UK. They were originally named George clocks, due to being started at the precise time that King George V was crowned on 22 June 1911. In 1953, electronic chimes were installed to serve as a memorial to the members of the Royal Liver Friendly Society who died during the two World Wars. During hours of darkness, the clock dials are illuminated.