1. How are the Malvinas islands better known?
2. What is the capital of Venezuela?
3. What is the name of the flat, treeless plains between The Andes and the Atlantic?
4. Which river flows for 1,500 miles through Venezuela and partly defines the border with Colombia?
5. In which country is the region of Patagonia?
6. Which sea lies at the western end of the Panama canal?
7. Which two South American countries have no sea-coast?
8. In which country does the football team Santos play?
9. Who was the president of Chile who was killed during a coup by the army in 1973?
10. In what country is Aconcagua, the highest peak in the New World?
11. Which South American leader was known as ?The Liberator??
12. What is the meaning of the name ?Sendero Luminoso?, the name of the Peruvian guerrilla group?
13. Of which European country was Surinam once a colony?
14. Which Caribbean republic shares the island of Hispaniola with Haiti?
15. Name either of the 2 countries that have shores on Lake Titicaca?
16. In which country would you find the city of Medellin, a city famous for the drugs trade?
17. What was Evita Duarte?s profession before she married Juan Peron?
18. Where in Cuba did the USA sponsor an abortive invasion in 1961?
19. In which country was Che Guevara born?
20. Which mountain stands at the entrance of the harbour at Rio de Janeiro?
1. Falkland Islands
7. Bolivia & Paraguay
9. Salvador Allende
11. Simon Bolivar
12. Shining Path
13. Netherlands (Holland)
14. Dominican Republic
15. Bolivia and Peru
18. Bay of Pigs
20. Sugar Loaf