1. The daily newspaper for Commies was Pravda, what does it mean?
2. In 1968, Soviet tanks invaded Czechoslovakia to crush the regime, who was the Czech leader?
3. In which year did the Berlin wall come down?
4. 11 of the 15 former soviet republics formed an alliance known as the CIS, what do the initials stand for?
5. In 1987, what was the name of the German pilot who landed in Red Square & was?
6. What was the most famous checkpoint in Berlin?
7. What is a Gulag?
8. What is the main religion of Lithuania?
9. Which soviet leader replaced Nikita Kruschev as the first secretary of the Communist party in 1964?
10. Of which republic did Eduard Shevardnadze become acting head in 1992?
11. In which decade was Mao Tse-tung?s Cultural revolution launched in China?
12. What event in Cuba in 1962 was said to have almost started World War Three?
13. In 1987 Mathias Rust, arrived in Moscow from West Germany resulting in the sacking of several Russian military leaders. How and where exactly did he arrive?
14. What was the name of the 6 year old Cuban boy who was the focus of an international custody battle relating to his return to Cuba?
15. Which Polish politician was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1983?
2. Alexander Dubcek
4. Commonwealth of Independent states
5. Mathias Rust
7. Labour camp
9. Leonid Brezhnev
12. The Cuban missile crisis
13. He landed a small plane in Red Square
14. Elian Gonzalez
15. Lech Walesa