1. Which famous Englishman was killed at the battle of Trafalgar?
2. What was the name given to the members of the league of women who campaigned for the rights of women to vote?
3. Who invaded England in 55 B.C. and in 43 A.D.?
4. What is the name given to the survey of England carried out on the instructions of William the Conqueror?
5. Who were the Lord Protectors of England?
6. What event in 1846 marked the victory of Free trade over Protectionism?
7. Who were the rival fractions in the Wars of the Roses?
8. What was the name given to the Factory workers who in the years from 1811 onwards broke and smashed new machinery because they feared unemployment might ensue?
9. What year did John Major become leader of the Tory party?
10. What was the last Beatles record released by all living members of the Beatles to make it to number 1 in the British pop charts?
2. The Suffragettes
3. The Romans
4. The Doomsday Book
5. Oliver Cromwell and his son Richard Cromwell
6. The repeal of the corn laws
7. The Lancastrians and the yorkists
8. The Luddites
10. The Ballad of John and Yoko