1. Which American jazz singer is particularly noted for her interpretation of songs by Gershwin and porter?
2. What style of music was pioneered by Charlie Parker and Dizzy Gillespie?
3. Which instrument did Lionel Hampton introduce to jazz?
4. In Whose quintet did John Coltrane come to prominence in the 1950s?
5. Which jazzman said ?there are only two types of music: good and bad??
6. Who is credited with describing the 1920s as the jazz age?
7. Who composed ?one o clock jump??
8. Whose ?maple leaf rag? was the first instrumental sheet music to sell a million copies?
9. Who is credited with the invention of scat singing?
10. Who was the ?empress of the blues??
11. What BW is piano-based jazz
1. Ella Fitzgerald
4. Miles Davis
5. Duke Ellington
6. F Scott Fitzgerald
7. Count Basie
8. Scott Joplin
9. Louis Armstrong
10. Bessie smith
11. Boogie Woogie