Bible Quiz 2
Due to popular request, here is another bible quiz.
1. According to Genesis, on the seventh day God rested. What did he do on the fourth day?
2. How many Chapters are there in the Old Testament Book of Numbers?
3. What kind of bird did Noah first release from the Ark I after the rains abated?
4. To what was Jesus referring when he said: 'I say unto you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these'?
5. How long was Jonah said to have spent in the belly of I the whale?
6. What was the name of the angel sent by God to Mary I to tell her she was to be the mother of Jesus?
7. Who was the villainous female in the Old Testament who was eaten by dogs?
8. Which hill marks the traditional site of the Ascension?
9. The authorised version of the Bible was published in r 1611. Who authorised it?
10. Name the fifth book in the Old Testament.
11. What were the names of the three kings known as The Magi?
12. What was it, according to Genesis that was constructed out of Gopher wood?
13. With which wood is King Solomon said to have panelled 'from floor to rafter' the interior of his temple at Jerusalem?
14. In the Garden of Eden story, what were Adam and m Eve forbidden to eat?
15. Where, according to the Book of Exodus, did God appear to Moses and give him the Ten Commandments?
16. Who made the golden calf for the people to worship while Moses was receiving the Ten Commandments?
17. What was the name of the Philistine giant who was slain by David?
18. Which town in Turkey was the birthplace of St Paul?
19. Who was the second son of Adam and Eve and whom his brother murdered?
20. Which book does the Old Testament end with which it repeats God's promise of the coming of the Messiah?
21. In the Bible, who was the Queen who questioned the wisdom of Solomon
22. According to the Bible, who was the first Christian martyr?
23. Who were the parents of John the Baptist?
24. How did Judas Iscariot betray Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane?
25. Name the first five books of The Bible.
26. In the Bible, what name did the Book of St John give to the great battle in which the last conflict between Good and Evil is to be fought?
27. In the Old Testament, what was the name of the portable sanctuary, carried by the Jews in their wanderings from Egypt to Palestine, which contained the Ark of the Covenant?
28. Who were Daniel's three companions in the fiery furnace?
29. What was the name of the archangel referred to in the Book of Daniel as the guardian angel of Israel?
30. What did Salome receive as a reward from Herod for her dancing?
1. He created the sun, the moon and stars
3. A raven
4. The lilies of the field
5. 3 days and nights
8. Mount of Olives
9. James I of England (VI of Scotland)
11. Balthazar, Melchior, Caspar
12. Noah's Ark
13. Cedar Wood
14. The fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil
15. Mount Sinai
20. Book of Malachi
21. Queen of Sheba
22. St Stephen
23. Zacharias and Elizabeth
24. He kissed him so the soldiers could identify him
25. Genesis, Exodus, Levictius, Numbers and Deuteronomy
28. Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego
30. The head of John the Baptist