Hobbies, Games and Pastimes Quiz 1
1. SCRABBLE-What is the value of a ?K??
2. POKER-What is the name of the best winning hand?
3. CLUEDO-What are the Six Weapons used?
4. CHESS-Which two pieces are used in ?Castling??
5. MONOPOLY-What are the four Railway Stations?
6. SNOOKER-How many reds are on the table at the start of a game?
7. DARTS-What is the lowest score that cannot be hit with one dart?
8. POOL-Which Country is currently the holders of the Mosconi Cup?
9. DRAUGHTS-How many counters are on the board at the start of a game?
10. COLLECTING-What do Numismatists collect?
11. MUSIC-What instrument does a Campanologist play?
12. PETS-What is the most commonly owned breed of pedigree cat in the UK?
13. BOWLS-What is the name of the white ball?
14. KNITTING-What does S1 K1 P.s.s.o. mean?
15. MARTIAL ARTS-Which Martial Art translates as ?Way of the Empty Hand??
16. SHOOTING-When does the Grouse Shooting season begin?
17. GARDENING-What is the common name for Digitalis?
18. FASHION-Which Fashion Designer is associated with the ?Mini-Skirt??
19. DRINKING-Moselle is a wine from which Country?
20. BINGO-Which number is referred to as ?Doctors Orders??
21. HORSE RACING-How many times did Red Rum win the Grand National?
22. MONOPOLY-What were the 6 original counters?
23. SCOUTS & GUIDES-Who founded the Scouts & Guides movement?
24. PETS-What is a Neon Tetra?
25. TELEVISION-Which Two David's have presented ?A Question of Sport?/
26. MUSICALS-The Song ?Empty chairs at empty tables? is from which musical?
27. ANGLING-What is the largest breed of freshwater fish in Britain?
28. LITERATURE-?All Children, except one, grow up? is the opening line of which Novel?
29. ASTRONOMY-Earth is 93 Million miles from which Star?
30. TRAVEL-John Wayne airport is in which American City?
2. Royal Flush
3. Knife, Revolver, Spanner, Lead Pipe, Rope, Candlestick.
4. King & Castle/Rook
5. Kings Cross, Fenchurch St, Liverpool St, Marylebone.
9. 24 (12 each side)
10. Coins or Medals
11. A Bell
13. A Jack
14. Slip one knit one Pass slip stitch over
16. August 12th (Glorious 12th.)
18. Mary Quant
20. Number 9
21. (1973, 1974, 1977)
22. Battleship, Racehorse, Boat, Top Hat, Car, Iron.
23. Robert Baden-Powel
24. A Tropical Fish
25. David Vine & David Coleman.
26. Les Miserables
28. Peter Pan
29. The Sun
30. Los Angeles.