The following quiz was kindly sent in by Peter Glover from the UK. Many thanks Peter, much appreciated
1. Which country was the first to give women the right to vote?
2. What is a 1/3 of a ??
3. On which day did God make the Sun the Moon and the Stars?
4. What are the 4 sources of renewable energy?
5. What are the four planets with rings?
6. What is next year 2009 when written in Roman Numerals?
7. What is the name for a beavers home?
8. Which is the only vowel not found on a standard keyboard top line?
9. George W Bush was the President of the USA. What number was he?
10. What does the term Prima Donna literally mean?
11. What was the Beatles last Album called?
12. How many prostitutes did Jack the Ripper Actually kill?
13. What would you probably do if you got pepper in your proboscis?
14. What was Fred Flintstones childs name?
15. In which county is Stonehenge?
16. Name the date of St Georges Day.
17. How is Rubella better known?
18. What is name of the French port where over 300 000 Allied soldiers were evacuated from in May/June 1940?
19. What is the name of the dog in Enid Blyton?s Famous Five books?
20. Name the 6 items used to murder the victim in the board game Cluedo.
21. What is the Maximum Score in a game of 10 Pin Bowls?
22. What is the height of a tennis net at the centre?
23. How many times have Brazil played in the World Cup Final?
24. Yorkshire CCC play home games at which English Test Ground?
25. How high are the goal posts in a standard football goal?
26. At which Olympics did Cassius Clay win his Gold Medal?
27. Where were the 2006 Commonwealth Games held?
28. What are the 4 tournaments required to win tennis?s grand slam?
29. Highest finish in Darts?
30. How many points for potting all six colours in Snooker?
1. New Zealand
4. Wind Solar Tidal Hydro
5. Saturn, Jupiter, Uranus and Neptune.
10. Leading Lady
11. Abbey Road
16. 23rd April
17. German Measels
18. Dun Kirk
19. Timmy (Thanks to Tony Robinson for correcting that one)
20. Candlestick Rope Lead Pipe Revolver Dagger Spanner
22. 3 Feet
23. 7 Times
25. 8 Feet
26. 1960 Rome Olympics
28. Wimbledon Australia US French Open