1. Which controversial and expressive man was given the nickname 'Jack the dripper'?
2. Who was born "Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta" on March the 28th 1986?
3. What cake derives its name from the French word for lightning?
4. Damon Lindelof, J. J. Abrams and Jeffrey Lieber are responsible for creating which phenomenon?
5. The name for which notorious criminals who were once responsible for the murder of countless thousands of innocent people means 'deceivers'?
6. Who were stripped of the European Champion Club's Cup they won in 1993 after a bribery scandal involving their president, Bernard Tapie?
7. The surrender of which tribal leader in 1886 was effectively the end of the Indian wars in the US?
8. The following are the depressing last words to which hit songs?
a. All he left us was alone.
b. I tell you to enjoy life I wish I could but it's too late.
c. Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain.
d. They're all wasted.
e. Sniffing for tidbits like you on the ground.
9. Which island, named after a Dutchman, is often said to have the cleanest air in the world?
10. Name the cult holed up in Waco, Texas, many of whose members were killed when the FBI stormed their compound after a 51-day siege.
11. What is the national flower in each of the following countries?
12. Collins, Burgundy, Highball, Yard and Shot are all examples of what?
13. The film 'Chariots of Fire' charts the rivalry between which two great British sprinters?
14. What is the name of the great open bowl of the Pacific Ocean on New Zealand's north coast?
15. The following are the first words to which hit song? (Original was Number 1 US, Number 8 UK)
"She was afraid to come out of the locker"
a: Which novelist drowned herself in the River Ouse in 1941?
b: Who was shot from behind by Bob Ford in 1882?
c: Who is believed to have died after allowing an asp to bite her breast?
d: Which great poet was killed one week before the WWI armistice?
e: In which city is Jim Morrison buried?
17. What were the three previous names used by British soldiers for the game known as badminton?
18. Actors Dwight Schultz and Dirk Benedict both make cameo appearances in which 2010 Ridley Scott-produced movie?
19. Name the nine countries with a border on the Baltic Sea.
20. Rome's Trevi fountain featured in what 1954 Jean Negulesco film?
1. Jackson Pollock
2. Lady GaGa - an American singer, songwriter, fashion designer, pianist and performance artist.
4. LOST - the US TV Series
5. Thugs or Thuggee
6. Olympic Marseille
7. Geronimo (Apache)
8. Five answers
a. Papa was a rolling stone (Temptations)
b. Paranoid (Black Sabbath)
c. A horse with no name (America)
d. Baba O'Riley (The Who)
e. Goodbye yellow brick road (Elton John)
10. Branch Davidian
11. Five answers
d. Red Poppy
12. Types of Glasses (Collins and Highball are both tumblers, Burgundy is a wine glass, yard glass is a yard long and shot glasses are for shots)
13. Harold Abraham and Eric Liddell
14. The Bay of Plenty
15. Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini
16. Death Answers:
a: Virginia Woolf
b: Jesse James
d: Wilfred Owen
17. Shuttlecock, Battledore and Poona (or Poonai)
18. The A-Team (2010)
19. Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Russia, Finland.
20. Three Coins in the Fountain