Pub Quiz 167
1. Which kind of ball follows the US President everywhere he goes?
2. According to UNICEF, which African country has the most land mines in the world?
a. Angola b. Egypt c. Chad d. Somalia
3. Which million selling model with plenty of 'horsepower' was Matchbox's first sales success in the 1953?
4. The Althing, the world's oldest surviving parliament, is found in which country?
5. Who was involved with the Australian surfer Blaine after splitting up with Ken Carson?
6. Marion Crane is the tragic figure in which cult horror film?
7. Who wrote Status Quo's hit song 'Rockin All Over The World'?
8. The Danube river runs through which four European capitals?
9. The scientific name for which animal means 'one who walks swiftly, a camel marked like a leopard'?
10. The following words are from songs with 'Rain' somewhere in the title. Can you name the song? One point for each correct answer.
a. If the rain comes they run and hide their heads
b. I feel it's raining all over the world
c. I never meant to cause you any sorrow
d. Like the guy whose feet are too big for his bed
e. Clouds of mystery pourin confusion on the ground
f. The sun is out, the sky is blue, there's not a cloud to spoil the view
11. Who was the first man to win the Academy Award for best actor two years in a row?
a. Clark Gable b. James Stewart c. Charles Laughton d. Spencer Tracy
12. What name was given to the hundreds of thousands of people who helped clean up and contain the Chernobyl nuclear disaster?
13. Jack, Lou, Bill, Mac, Fred, Curl and Clyde are some of the characters mentioned in which 1960s hit song?
14. Plus or minus 1, how many time zones are there in China?
15. In 2011, a Formula 1 race will be held in which country for the first time?
a. India b. Mexico c. Ireland d. Japan
16. The heir apparent to the French Throne between 1350 and 1791 was given which title?
17. What is the largest lake in the world with an animal in its name?
18. The name of which very popular edible product translated means 'twice cooked'?
19. Which male tennis player lost a record 4 US Open singles finals in 1976, 1978, 1980 and 1981?
20. Which 'Great Soul' was edited from the final version of the album cover Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band?
1. 'The Football' or 'The Nuclear Football'. (a black briefcase containing the nuclear launch codes)
2. b. Egypt (estimated total of 23,000,000)
3. Queen Elizabeth II's Coronation Coach
7. John Fogerty of Creedence Clearwater Revival
8. Vienna, Bratislava, Budapest and Belgrade
9. Giraffe (Giraffa Camelopardalis)
10. Six answers
a. Rain (The Beatles)
b. Rainy Night In Georgia (Ray Charles)
c. Purple Rain (Prince)
d. Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head (B J Thomas)
e. Who'll Stop The Rain (CCR)
f. Raining In My Heart (Buddy Holly)
11. d. Spencer Tracy (1937 for Captains Courageous and 1938 for Boys Town)
13. Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport
15. a. India (Jaypee Group Circuit)
16. The Dauphin of France
17. Great Bear Lake (Canada)
19. Bjorn Borg
20. Mahatma Gandhi (Mahatma means 'great soul')