1. Which 1985 Hollywood film is also the name of Madonna's first band?
2. What is the opposite of "The Orient"?
3. Russia excluded, what was the most populated European country in the year 1800?
4. What are tigers condemned to wear in Rudyard Kipling's The Jungle Books after killing a man for the first time?
5. Which London street, the name of which is derived from a popular 17th century ball game, became the first street to be illuminated with gas lamps in January, 1807?
6. In the Queen song Killer Queen, what kind of champagne is kept "in her pretty cabinet"?
7. The foremost newspaper and official organ of the Communist Party in the Soviet Union was Pravda. What does pravda mean translated?
8. Which famous battle is depicted in the Bayeux Tapestry?
9. For which movie did Cher win the award for Best Actress at the 1985 Cannes Film Festival?
10. Which European country was called the Batavian Republic between 1795 and 1806?
11. Which sauce, dessert and toast is named after a famous Australian opera singer?
12. In which 19th century novel would you find a girl named Weena who belongs to a hunted race of vegetarians known as Eloi?
13. In song, which six foot four tree top lover keeps a .34 gun in his pocket and a razor in his shoe?
14. What is Portuguese East Africa called today?
15. In which capital city were 83,793 people killed during a night fire bombing raid on 9 March, 1945?
16. Which woman, whose named is also associated with excellence in the automobile industry, was betrothed to Edmond Dantes in the novel The Count Of Monte-Cristo?
17. Which film booted "Singing in the Rain" back into charts in 1971?
18. What are the two most populated cities in Colombia?
19. Which song title was a number one hit in the US for both Petula Clark and Paul McCartney & Wings?
20. Which 19th century American merchant with the initials J. J. A. was the first multi-millionare in the USA?
1. Breakfast Club
2. The Occident
3. France (27.6 million)
5. Pall Mall
6. Moet et Chandon
8. Battle of Hastings
10. The Netherlands (Holland)
11. Melba (after Dame Nellie Melba; Melba sauce, peach Melba and Melba toast)
12. The Time Machine (H. G. Wells)
13. Bad Bad Leroy Brown (Jim Croce)
17. A Clockwork Orange
18. Bogata and Medellin
19. My Love
20. John Jakob Astor