1. Kar in Turkish, Lumi in Finnish, Neve in Italian, Nieve in Spanish and Neige in French . What is it called in English?
2. What is the largest city in the US named after a British PM?
3. Toothed and Baleen are both examples of what?
4. The Triumph TR 6, Aston Martin DB6, Ferrari Dino and the early 1970s Ford Mustang all had which kind of tail or back?
5. Which Sergeant Detective Lieutenant worked with Scientist Ted Olson under the watchful eye of Captain Ed Hocken?
6. What was the only number one album in the UK charts during the 1960s with a US state in the album title?
7. A magnificent palace, a variety of apple and a person or thing without equal. One word.
8. With 4,400 km, what is the longest river in the world beginning with the letter 'L'?
9. The slogan for which famous website is 'We Open Governments'?
10. The following are the first words to number one hits from the 1960s with a womans first name in the song title. Can you name the song? One point for each correct answer.
a. Standing on the dock in Southampton
b. We'll drink
c. I look at all the lonely people
d. Don't want your love anymore
2. Pittsburgh Pittsburgh was named in 1758 by General John Forbes in honor of the British statesman William Pitt. Given that Forbes was a Scotsman, it is possible that the intended pronunciation of the settlement was "Pittsborough" similar to the pronunciation of Edinburgh. It was incorporated as a borough in 1794 and chartered as a city in 1816
4. Kamm (Kamm tail, K-tail or Kammback) A Kammback is a car body style that derives from the research of the German aerodynamicist Wunibald Kamm in the 1930s. The design calls for a body with smooth contours that continues to a tail that is abruptly cut off. This shape reduces the drag of the vehicle. "Kammback" is an American term. In Europe the design is generally known as a Kamm tail or K-tail.
5. 'Sergeant Frank Drebin, Detective Lieutenant Police Squad' in the Police Squad TV series and Naked Gun movies, played by the late Leslie Nielsen. Frank Drebin (full title Sergeant Frank Drebin, Detective Lieutenant Police Squad) is a fictional character in the Police Squad! series and the Naked Gun movies played by Leslie Nielsen. In 2008, Frank Drebin was selected by Empire Magazine as one of The 100 Greatest Movie Characters of All Time. In 2000, TV Guide named Drebin to its list of the 25 greatest TV detectives, ranking him # 23. He was also named by UGO.com as one of The 100 Best Heroes of All Time
6. Blue Hawaii (Elvis)
8. Lena is the easternmost of the three great Siberian rivers that flow into the Arctic Ocean (the other two being the Ob River and the Yenisei River). It is the 11th longest river in the world and has the 9th largest watershed. It is the greatest river whose watershed is entirely within national ranges of Russia
9. WikiLeaks WikiLeaks is an international, online, not-for-profit organisation which publishes secret information, news leaks, and classified media from anonymous sources. Its website, initiated during 2006 in Iceland by the organisation Sunshine Press, claimed a database of more than 1.2 million documents within a year of its initiation
10. Four answers
a. The Ballad of John and Yoko (Beatles)
b. Lily the Pink (Scaffold)
c. Eleanor Rigby (Beatles)
d. Cathy's Clown (Everly Brothers)