1. With which 1991 film does one associate the cry "Towanda!"?
2. The brand name of which popular health care product stems from the Latin word for "snow white"?
3. What is the name of the dingy little inn owned by Aberforth Dumbledore?
4. Demi Moore, Sharon Stone, Bo Derek, Madonna and Pia Zadora are all multiple winners of what?
5. Which superlative does one associate with the city in Argentina named Ushuaia?
6. Based on the number of bales per year, name the four largest cotton producing countries in the world. One point for each correct answer.
7. Which country has a record 13 points along its border where three countries meet?
a. Russia b. Brazil c. China d. Dem Rep of the Congo
8. Which two Hollywood icons played together in the 1943 film version of Hemingway's "For Whom The Bell Tolls"?
9. The world famous Sultan Ahmed mosque in Istanbul is better known under which name?
a. Blue Mosque, b. Red Mosque, c. White Mosque, d. Green Mosque
10. Name the hit song from each of the following with an animal in the song title. One point for each correct answer.
c. Al Stewart
d. Loudon Wainwright III
11. In which Hollywood blockbuster did the actor Perry King play the President of the United States?
12. Which two Russian tennis players have won the Australian Open mens singles title? One point for each correct answer.
13. What is the name of the group of street urchins who sometimes aided Sherlock Holmes? (Three words)
14. Challenger Deep is the deepest known point under the ocean. What is the name of the trench in which it is located?
15. Plus or minus 2, in which year does the storyline in the movie The Godfather Part III begin?
16. Humboldt, Little Blue, Gentoo, Adelie, Macaroni and Chinstrap are all examples of what?
17. The movie poster tag line for which 1962 film was "Together for the first time-James Stewart-John Wayne-in the masterpiece of four time Academy Award winner John Ford."?
18. Which British pop group had a hit on both sides of the Atlantic in 1970 with the single "Hitchin' a Ride"?
19. In medieval England an inch was divided into three grains of what?
20. Which extremely vital word is a combination of the Greek words for "acid" and "creation"?
1. Fried Green Tomatoes
3. Hogg's Head Inn
4. Golden Raspberry Award for worst actress
5. Southernmost city in the world
6. Four answers. In order: China, India, USA, Pakistan.
7. Answer c. China
8. Gary Cooper and Ingrid Bergman
9. Answer a. The Blue Mosque
10. Four answers.
a. Fox On The Run
b. A Horse With No Name
c. Year Of The Cat
d. Dead Skunk
11. The Day After Tomorrow
12. Two answers. Yevgeny Kafelnikov and Marit Safin
13. Baker Street Irregulars
14. Mariana Trench
17. The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
18. Vanity Fare
20. Oxygen (from oxys and genes)