1. The name for which fruit stems from the name of a large North African city?
2. Which famous American was known as 'The wizard of Menlo Park'?
3. In which popular game do orphans play a roll?
4. Which controversial 1979 film with the movie poster tag line "So funny it was banned in Norway" was financed by George Harrison?
5. Found in The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy, the small blue creatures with 50 arms known as 'Jatravartids' are the only race in history to have invented what before the wheel?
6. Home to many music publishing houses, what was West 28th Street in New York City called in the late 19th and early 20th century?
7. The last name of which infamous Norwegian would become a term applied to a traitor?
8. Which 1958 Eurovision Song Contest entry, later a massive hit for Dean Martin, means 'I will fly' in Italian?
9. Named after a race of primeval deities, what is the only known moon in our solar system with a dense atmosphere?
10. Which of the following was the first Asian country to progress beyond the first round of a FIFA World Cup finals?
a. China b. South Korea c. Japan d. North Korea
11. The worst accident in commercial aviation history took place on which island in the Atlantic ocean?
12. All of the following lyrics are from songs with the word 'Saturday' somewhere in the song title. Can you name the song? One point for each correct answer.
a. She had a strange resemblance to a cat named Frankenstein
b. It's seven o'clock and I want to rock, want to get a belly full of beer
c. Gonna rock it up, roll it up, do it all, have a ball
d. And try to get it on like once before, when people stared in Jagger's eyes and scored
13. 'Shepherd One' is a US nickname for any aircraft with which man on board?
14. Which famous poem begins with the words "Twas brillig"?
15. Meaning 'New plantation' in the Serbian language, what is the second largest city in Serbia?
16. After the sudden death of Roy Orbison in 1988, which of the following Rock 'n Roll legends was widely rumoured to replace him in the Travelling Wilburys line-up?
a. Del Shannon b. Neil Diamond c. Justin Hayward d. Frankie Valli
17. Leeloo, Ruby Rhod, President Lindberg and Diva Plavalaguna are all characters in which 1997 science fiction film?
18. Other than The Oval, what is the only other ground in England that shares the distinction of having hosted an FA Cup Final, an England football international and an England cricket test?
a. St James Park b. Anfield c. Goodison Park d. Bramall Lane
19. Which popular Beatles song was written on a pleasant April day in Eric Clapton's garden?
20. Escargatoire is a collective noun for which member of the animal kingdom?
1. Tangerine (from Tangier)
2. Thomas Edison
4. The Life Of Brian
5. Aerosol deodorant (under-arm deodorant)
6. Tin Pan Alley
7. Quisling (Vidkun Quisling, puppet premier of Nazi occupied Norway)
10. Answer d. North Korea (1966)
12. Four answers.
a. Another Saturday Night (Cat Stevens)
b. Saturday Night's All Right (For Fighting) (Elton John)
c. Saturday Night (Bay City Rollers)
d. Drive In Saturday (David Bowie)
13. The Pope
14. Jabberwocky (Lewis Carroll)
15. Novi Sad
16. Answer a. Del Shannon (who tragically committed suicide in 1990)
17. The Fifth Element
18. Answer d. Bramall Lane
19. Here Comes The Sun