Pauls Quiz 386
1. Which cult film takes place in, on and around the Cahulawassee river?
2. Which flop turned into a success at the 1968 Summer Olympics?
3. Which Canadian town was a temporary host to 6,000 additional inhabitants after September 11, 2001?
4. Which one of the Great Lakes is located entirely within the USA?
5. What is the name of the sword in which the soul of a samurai is found?
6. Who was the last American tennis player to win the Men's Singles title at the US Open?
7. Name the films in which Matt Damon plays alongside the following actresses. One point for each correct answer.
a. Minnie Driver
b. Jodie Foster
c. Cate Blanchett
d. Franka Potente
e. Angelina Jolie
8. Which of the following US states is the least populated?
a. Vermont b. Alaska c. Wyoming d. Rhode Island
9. The word dandelion stems from the French "dent de lion". What does "dent" mean?
10. The following lyrics are all from songs with the word "Air" somewhere in the song title. Can you name the song? One point for each correct answer.
a. No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound, nothing to eat, no books to read
b. Well I was there and I saw what you did, I saw it with my own two eyes
c. We've got to get it together sooner or later because the revolution's here
d. I don't know if I'm being foolish, don't know if I'm being wise
11. Which man's tragic death does one associate with the Dealey Plaza?
12. The word xylophone contains the Greek root "Xyl". What does it mean?
13. Which two actors have played the role of Indiana Jones in movies? (not television)
14. Which kind of building or construction is also a collective noun for giraffes?
15. Which American teen idol had a record six sellout concerts at Wembley Stadium over one weekend in 1973?
16. As of 2022, what is the population of the E.U.?
a. 247 million, b. 447 million, c. 647 million
17. Which figure skating jump is named after an obscure Austrian skater from the 1920s?
18. Which four countries have a prison population of 500,000 or more? One point for each correct answer.
19. Which film, a winner of eight Academy Awards, ends with the following words?
"We have no troubles here! Here, life is beautiful. The girls are beautiful. Even the orchestra is beautiful. Auf wiedersehen. A bientot."
20. As of 2022, which popular 100 plus year old reclining female has been beheaded twice and lost an arm once?
2. Fosbury Flop
3. Gander (circa 40 large commercial aircraft bound for America were diverted to Gander Newfoundland)
4. Lake Michigan
6. Andy Roddick (2003)
7. Five answers.
a. Good Will Hunting
c. The Talented Mr Ripley
d. The Bourne Identity or The Bourne Supremacy
e. The Good Shepherd
8. Answer c. Wyoming
10. Four answers.
a. Air That I Breathe (Hollies)
b. In The Air Tonight (Phil Collins)
c. Something In The Air (Thunderclap Newman)
d. Love Is In The Air (John Paul Young)
11. John F Kennedy
13. Harrison Ford and River Phoenix
15. David Cassidy
16. Answer b. 447 millon
17. Lutz (Alois Lutz)
18. Four answers. USA (2,239,000), China (1,640,000), Russia (686,000) and Brazil (548,000)
20. The Little Mermaid in Copenhagen