1. The complete theme song title for the TV series MASH was: "Song from Mash" followed by three words in parentheses or (brackets). What were the three words found in (brackets)?
2. Glasgow gets a mention in which mega hit from ABBA?
3. The 70s super model Iman was married to which music icon?
4. The name of which European capital loosely translated means "smoke cove"?
a. Helsinki b. Lisbon c. Reykjavik d. Copenhagen
5. The movie poster tag line for which classic 1933 film was: "It was beauty that killed the beast"?
6. Which two players were involved in the last all American Wimbledon Men's Singles final?
7. The world just recently reached a population milestone of 8 billion. Plus or minus 2, in which year did we reach the 7 billion milestone?
8. Which dessert, created at the New York City restaurant Delmonico's in 1876, is also known as 'Norwegian omelette'?
9. Who were/are the three shortest Academy Award winners for Best Actor? One point for each correct answer.
10. With a population of 1.5 million, Oran is the second largest city in which African country?
11. The name of which English royal dynasty stems from the Latin words for the "broom shrub"?
12. In which river did the RMS Empress of Ireland sink in the early hours of 29 May 1914 with the loss of 1,012 lives?
13. What is the name of the 'lost city' in South America discovered in 1911 by the Indiana Jones like adventurer Hiram Bingham?
14. What are the flat faces called found on a diamond or gem stone with a 'Brilliant Cut'?
15. What was the name of the surprise North Vietnamese military offensive launched against South Vietnamese and US forces on January 30, 1968?
16. Name the films in which Mel Gibson plays alongside each of the following actresses. One point for each correct answer.
a. Jamie Lee Curtis
b. Michelle Pfeiffer
c. Jodie Foster
d. Sophie Marceau
e. Joely Richardson
f. Goldie Hawn
17. Invented by Gregory Pincus and first introduced in 1960, what did Pope Paul VI condemn in his 1967 encyclical 'Humanaevitae'?
18.The title of Demi Moore's first film in which she had a leading role AND the title of a recent Oscar winner for Best Picture. One word.
19. The following words are from which 1975 hit song from a Swedish pop singer?
"So you went to Sweden to meet Ingmar Bergman, he wasn't there or he just didn't care."
20. The ancient Greek word for "racetrack" and or "running" is found in the name of which ungainly pack animal?
1. (Suicide is Painless)
2. Super Trouper ("I was sick and tired of everything when I called you last night from Glasgow")
3. David Bowie
4. Answer c. Reykjavik
5. King Kong
6. Pete Sampras and Andre Agassi (1999)
8. Baked Alaska
9. Three answers. In order: James Cagney, Richard Dreyfuss and Dustin Hoffman
11. Plantagenet (from the Latin 'planta geniste')
12. Saint Lawrence river
13. Machu Picchu
16. Six answers.
a. Forever Young
b. Tequila Sunrise
e. The Patriot
f. Bird On A Wire
17. Oral contraceptives (the pill)
19. MovieStar (Harpo)
20. Dromedary camel (from the Greek "drome")