Pauls Quiz 398
1. Which world famous rock band took its name from a label found on a sewing machine?
2. Which four cities that end with the letter "s" have hosted the Summer Olympic games?
3. In which Hollywood blockbuster does the crew of the space ship Messiah attempt to save the planet Earth?
4. What is the name of the semi-arid desert located in southern Israel?
5. In which city did 'the gunfight at the O.K. Corral' take place?
6. What is the most successful football club in Argentina?
a. Racing Club, b. Santos, c. River Plate, d. Boca Juniors
7. What were the two best selling brands of mobile phone world wide between 1996 and 2006? One point for each correct answer.
8. If you fail the Ishihara test what is your ailment?
9. What is the name of the famous luxury train that runs between Pretoria and Cape Town?
10. The following lyrics are all from songs with the word "High" somewhere in the song title. Can you name the song? One point for each correct answer.
a. It's not the things you do that tease and hurt me bad
b. When I was a little girl I had a rag doll, only doll I ever owned
c. He was born in the summer of his 27th year
11. Measured in metric tonnes per year, what are the two biggest wine producing countries in South America? One point for each correct answer.
12. Which 1985 Hollywood thriller, nominated for eight Academy Awards, ends with the words "You be careful John Book, out among them English."?
13. What do each of the following persons love? One point for each correct answer.
14. Which Hollywood superstar's last name is Mapother IV?
15. Galleon, Sickle and Knut are currencies in which series of books?
16. With a height of 182 m, the world's tallest statue is found in which country?
a. Russia, b. North Korea, c. USA, d. India
17. The movie poster tag line for which 1959 film was "It's a deadly game of 'tag' and Cary Grant is it."?
18. Maranjab, Thal, Lop, Kara Kum, Thar and Patagonian are all examples of what?
19. In which country are red flowers and red clothes banned and removed from the shops on Saint Valentine's Day?
a. Saudi Arabia b. China c. Israel d. Vatican City State
20. Which of the seven ancient wonders of the world was found at Halicarnassus?
2. Four answers. Athens, Los Angeles, Paris and St Louis.
3. Deep Impact
6. Answer d. Boca Juniors
7. Two answers. Nokia and Motorola
8. Colour blindness
9. The Blue train
10. Three answers.
a. The Tide Is High (Blondie)
b. River Deep Mountain High (Tina Turner)
c. Rocky Mountain High (John Denver)
11. Two answers. Argentina and Chile
13. Four answers.
a. the sound of ringing bells (or ringing bells)
14. Tom Cruise
15. Harry Potter
16. Answer d. India (Statue of Unity)
17. North by Northwest
19. Answer a. Saudi Arabia
20. The mausoleum