Pauls Quiz 376
1. In December of 2013 Pope Francis revealed he used to work as which of the following?
a. bouncer b. caddy c. model d. life guard
2. Which symbol, found on a computer keyboard, was once the last letter in the Latin alphabet?
3. Nicole Kidman is a lepidopterophobe. Which insect does she fear?
4. Thirty years after his death in 1953, what were officially given back to the American athlete Jim Thorpe?
5. What does the Greek "orexi" mean?
6. Which one of the following groups did not have two brothers in the band?
a. CCR b. Guns N'Roses c. Kinks d. Van Halen
7. Barrow, the northernmost community in the USA, was the setting for which 2007 horror film?
8. Which three German men have been FIFA World Cup Golden Boot winners? One point for each correct answer.
9. Michael de Santa, Franklin Clinton and Trevor Philips are the three main protagonists in what?
10. The following lyrics are all from songs with the word "Black" somewhere in the song title. Can you name the song? One point for each correct answer.
a. Saturday night I was downtown working for the F.B.I.
b. Gonna make you sweat gonna make you groove
c. I got nine lives, cat's eyes, abusin' everyone of them and running wild
d. I think of her, but she thinks only of him, and though it's only a whim, she thinks of him
11. Longyearbyen is the northernmost settlement in the world with a permanent population. It is the administrative centre of an archipelago belonging to which country?
12. What was the sixth country to officially acquire the 'atom bomb' in 1974?
13. "This weekend they didn't play golf" was the movie poster tag line to which 1972 Hollywood thriller?
14. Who wrote each of the following autobiographies? One point for each correct answer.
a. The Story of My Experiments with the Truth
b. That's Not all Folks
c. The Moon's a Balloon
15. Varna is the largest port city in which country?
16. Which dance craze supposedly takes its name from the famed aviator Charles Lindbergh?
17. In which films does Morgan Freeman play the role of
a. the President of the United States
b. Speaker of the House and Acting President of the United States?
18. In which country was Che Guevara born?
19. Mame, Shohin, Komono, Shito and Keshitsubo are all names for size classifications of what?
20. Which dessert would be on your table if you ordered a "pick me up" from the Italian speaking waiter?
1. Answer a. bouncer
4. His Olympic medals
5. Appetite or hunger. (from the Greek orexi comes the word anorexia)
6. Answer b. Guns N'Roses
7. 30 Days Of Night
8. Three answers. Gerd Müller (1970), Miroslav Klose (2006), Thomas Müller (2010)
9. Grand Theft Auto V
10. Four answers.
a. Long Cool Woman (In A Black Dress) (Hollies)
b. Black Dog (Led Zeppelin)
c. Back In Black (ACDC)
d. Baby's In Black (Beatles)
14. Three answers.
a. Mohandas Gandhi
b. Mel Blanc
c. David Niven
16. Lindy Hop
17. Two answers.
a. Deep Impact and Angel Has Fallen
b. Olympus Has Fallen
19. Bonsai trees
20. Tiramisu (Italian for "pick" or "lift me up")