1. Emilio Marcos Palma was the first person born where?
2. What are the first two words to each of the following songs:
a: Eternity (Robbie Williams)
b: Lazy Sunday (The Small Faces)
c: Billie Jean (Michael Jackson)
d: In The Air Tonight (Phil Collins)?
3. Roughly how many centenarians are there in the world:
a: 10,000 b: 100,000 c: 1,000,000 ?
4. What casinos in Las Vegas don't have - last letter is an 'S'.
5. Name the three largest islands in the Indian ocean.
6. Which deceptive animals name stems from the Greek word for "Earth Lion"?
7. In which European country did Toyota have a sales problem with it's Toyota MR2, and why?
8. In which cities do each of the following films take place:
b: Dirty Harry
c: Mystic River
d: Shrek II ?
9. Gypsies are often Roma. Roma is the plural of Rom. What does ROM mean?
10. The following words are from which song:
"I hope my legs don't break"?
1. Antarctic Emilio Marcos Palma was the first person born on the Antarctic mainland, at Base Esperanza in 1978, his parents being sent there along with seven other families by the Argentinean government to determine if family life was suitable in the continent. In 1986, Juan Pablo Camacho was born at the Presidente Eduardo Frei Montalva Base, becoming the first Chilean born in Antarctica. Several bases are now home to families with children attending schools at the station
2. Four answers:
a: Close your eyes so you don't fear them
b: A wouldn't it be nice to get on with me neighbours
c: She was more like a beauty queen from a movie scene
d: I can feel it coming in the air tonight, Oh Lord
3. b: 100,000A centenarian is a person who has attained the age of 100 years or more. The term is associated with longevity because average life expectancies across the world are far from 100. Much rarer, a supercentenarian is a person who has lived to the age of 110 or more. America had over 30,000 in 2005 and Japan comes in second place with over 25,000
4. CLOCKSthey also predominantly don't have windows although a few have, none of them have clocks as they really don't want their visitors to know the time or how long they have been gambling.
5. Madagascar, Sri Lanka and Andaman
6. Chameleonchamai (on the ground, on the earth) and leon (lion).
7. France - because MR2 would be pronounced 'merde' and that means "s h i t "! The Ford Pinto is equally amusing to Brazilians, as 'pinto' is Brazilian slang for a small penis.
8. Four answers:
b: San Francisco
d: Far far away
10. Walking on the moon - (The Police)Giant steps are what you take
walking on the moon
I hope my legs don't break
walking on the moon