1. Which animal, the name of which begins with the letter 'M', is apparently the only non-mammal capable of passing the so called "Mirror Test"? (the ability to recognise itself in the mirror)
2. Named after the hill on which it was first built, what is the name of the 8th most populated city in North America?
3. Sprue is the name given to the first pickings of which vegetable?
4. Colo Colo, Rangers, Everton, O'Higgans, Naval and Audax Italiano are all football (soccer) clubs in which country?
5. Who is assigned the name "Beggar Man" in the novel 'Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy'?
6. "Nice planet. We'll take it." was the movie poster tag line to which 1996 film?
7. The flag of which organisation consists of a white compass rose on a dark blue background?
8. Other than English and Spanish, what is the most spoken language in each of the following US states? One point for each correct answer.
b. New York State
9. Which archaeologist with the initials H. C. does one associate with the discovery of 'King Tut's' tomb?
10. The following lyrics are all from songs with the word 'Bird' somewhere in the song title. Can you name the song? One point for each correct answer.
a. When your prized possessions start to wear you down
b. Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free
c. If I leave here tomorrow would you still remember me
11. Which 20th century English artist painted "A Bigger Splash"?
12. Name the films in which John Hurt plays each of the following roles. One point for each correct answer.
a. The Leader
b. Winston Smith
d. John Merrick
13. Stemming from the Latin word for 'cushion', what is the geometric name for a surface that resembles a lifebuoy, doughnut or inner tube?
14. Which J R R Tolkien antagonist is ranked number 2 in Forbes magazine's 2013 list of the richest characters in the realm of fiction?
15. Some people believe Planet X will one day cause a doomsday event here on planet Earth. What is the other name beginning with the letter 'N' for Planet X?
16. Who directed 'The Blues Brothers', 'Burke and Hare' and Michael Jackson's music video 'Thriller'?
17. Which two South American countries hold the FIFA record for the most derbys played against each other in international football?
18. Five star US Army Generals were first approved by Congress in 1944. Can you name the first three? One point for each correct answer.
19. Name the film or television series in which the following evil companies play a role. One point for each correct answer.
b. Gekko & Co
20. The only time that John Lennon sang and played solo on a Beatles Album is on a song found on the Beatles 'White Album'. Can you name the song?
5. George Smiley
6. Mars Attacks
8. Four answers.
9. Howard Carter
10. Three answers.
a. And Your Bird Can Sing (Beatles)
b. Bird On A Wire (Leonard Cohen)
c. Free Bird (Lynyrd Skynyrd)
11. David Hockney
12. Five answers
a. V For Vendetta
d. The Elephant Man
e. Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
16. John Landis
17. Argentina vs Uruguay
18. Three answers. Dwight D Eisenhower, Douglas MacArthur, George C Marshall
19. Three answers.
a. The Simpsons
b. Wall Street (or 'Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps')
c. Alien vs Predator (or any film in the Alien franchise)