1. The name Canada stems from a native word meaning what?
2. Nova is a pretty quiet woman in which cult sci-fi film?
3. The acronym FLOTUS stands for what?
4. Which drink takes its name from the word for a coarse fabric?
5. On the cover of which popular 1973 album can one see, amongst others, Michael Parkinson and James Coburn?
6. Which two countries have the longest coastline?
7. In which city was the original 'ghetto'?
8. The word Science stems from the Latin 'scientia'. What does it mean?
9. Which controversial organization is nicknamed 'the company'?
10. Before the invention of oil paints in the 15th century paint was usually a combination of powdered paint tempered with egg yolk and water. What name was given to this kind of paint?
1. Village or Settlement
2. Planet Of The Apes
3. First Lady Of The United StatesThe position is traditionally held by the wife of the President of the United States, concurrent with his term of office. If the President is not married, or if the President's wife is unable to act as First Lady, then the President asks a female relative or friend to fill the role.
4. Grog (from Grogram or Grosgrain)Grog is any of a variety of alcoholic beverages. The word originally referred to a drink made with water or "small beer" (a weak beer) and rum, which British Vice Admiral Edward Vernon introduced into the Royal Navy on 21 August 1740. Vernon wore a coat of grogram cloth and was nicknamed Old Grogram or Old Grog. Modern versions of the drink are often made with hot or boiling water, and sometimes include lemon juice, lime juice, cinnamon or sugar to improve the taste. Rum with water, sugar, and nutmeg was known as bumbo and was more popular with pirates and merchantmen. By contrast, in Australia and New Zealand, the word has come to mean any alcoholic drink.
5. Band On The RunBand on the Run is an album by Paul McCartney & Wings, released in 1973. It was Wings' third album. It became Wings' most successful album and remains the most celebrated of McCartney's post-Beatles albums. It was 1974's top-selling studio album in the United Kingdom and Australia, and revitalised McCartney's critical standing. In 2000 Q magazine placed it at number 75 in its list of the 100 Greatest British Albums Ever. In 2012, Band on the Run was voted 418th on Rolling Stone magazine's revised list of The 500 Greatest Albums of All Time.
6. Canada (202,080 km) and Indonesia (54,716 km)
10. TemperaTempera, also known as egg tempera, is a permanent, fast-drying painting medium consisting of colored pigment mixed with a water-soluble binder medium (usually a glutinous material such as egg yolk or some other size). Tempera also refers to the paintings done in this medium. Tempera paintings are very long lasting, and examples from the 1st centuries AD still exist. Egg tempera was a primary method of painting until after 1500 when it was superseded by the invention of oil painting. A paint consisting of pigment and glue size commonly used in the United States as poster paint is also often referred to as "tempera paint," although the binders and sizes in this paint are different from traditional tempera paint.