Pauls Quiz 413
1. "Where the devil are my slippers?" are the last words to which very popular Oscar winning film?
2. The title of which 1961 Hollywood romantic comedy is also a 1996 No 1 UK hit single (number 5 in the US)?
3. Between 2010 and 2013 Carlos Slim Helu was number one on which list?
4. The oldest existing fort (fortress) in the United States is located in which state?
5. The world famous Blue Mountain coffee beans used to flavour the original Tia Maria are from which country?
6. Which 1994 action comedy with an oxymoronic title had the following movie poster tag line?
"When he said I do, he didn't say what he did"
7. Measured in metres below sea level, which city in the West Bank is the lowest city in the world?
8. Which nickname was given to the early 20th century American entertainer Bill Robinson?
9. A Mediteranean island, an active volcano, an Italian pasty (or turnover) and the villain in Disney's Pinocchio.
10. The following lyrics are all from songs with the word "Always" somewhere in the song title. Can you name the song? One point for each correct answer.
a. If I made you feel second best
b. I walk along those city streets
c. She can ruin your faith with her casual lies
d. She was practiced at the art of deception
e. I'm no good a chatting up and I always get rebuffed
11. Kumis is a fermented dairy product made from the milk of which animal?
12. Oniomania is the technical term used for which compulsive desire?
13. Which French player scored a record 13 goals during the 1958 FIFA World Cup?
14. What was the name given to the anti-foreign uprising in China between 1898 and 1900?
15. Which mathematical term is the Latin word for womb?
16. Which fish, very adept at camouflaging itself as a rock, has the most potent neurotoxins of all fish?
17. Which famous Spanish renaissance artist was born on the Greek island Crete?
18. Which name do both Antoine Domino and Thomas Waller share?
19. In which Audrey Hepburn film is there
a. a goldfish named George
b. a cat named Cat?
20. Nagy is the most common surname in which European country?
a. Bulgaria b. Romania c. Andorra d. Hungary
1. My Fair Lady
2. Breakfast At Tiffany's (Deep Blue Something)
3. Rich List / Wealthiest people in the world.
4. Florida (Castillo de San Marcos, constructed between 1672-1695)
6. True Lies
7. Jericho (-258 m)
10. Five answers.
a. Always On My Mind (Willie Nelson)
b. Always Something There To Remind Me (Sandie Shaw)
c. She's Always A Woman To Me (Billie Joel)
d. You Can't Always Get What You Want (Rolling Stones)
e. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties (Jona Lewie)
11. Horse (mare's milk)
12. To shop (onios is Greek for 'for sale')
13. Just Fontaine
14. Boxer uprising or Boxer rebellion
17. El Greco
19. Two answers.
b. Breakfast at Tiffany's
20. Answer d. Hungary