1. Give the name of the mythological creatures that fit the following descriptions
a: A combination of a lion and an eagle
b: A combination of a dragon and a snake
c: A combination of a snake, lion and a goat
d: A combination of a snake or a lion with a rooster.
2. The term "heavy metal" was coined by which band in 1968? (clue: a famous road movie)
3. A famous shipwreck and not a pretty sight (Clue its a famous painting in that big museum in France)
4. Dr. Marsh Tracy was better known as ....
5. November, carnation and number 9 are all examples of what ?
6. Plus or minus five years, in which year did the number of people flying across the Atlantic out-number the people taking a ship?
7. In which book did two countries go to war over the issue of opening a boiled egg?
8. Name the four Italians who have scored six or more goals in football world cup competitions?
9. What is Barbie's last name?
10. In which countries would you find the followig harbour cities
a: Port Moresby
b: Hai Phong
d: Thunder Bay ?
1. Four answers;
d: basilisk (cockatrice)
2. Steppenwolf "heavy metal thunder" - from the song "born to be wild"
3. Meduse / M?duse
4. DaktariDaktari (Swahili for "doctor") was a television series that aired on CBS from 1966 to 1969, featuring Marshall Thompson as Dr. Marsh Tracy, a veterinarian at the fictional Wameru Study Center for Animal Behavior in East Africa. The show followed the work of Dr. Tracy, his daughter Paula (Cheryl Miller), and his staff, who were frequently forced to protect animals from poachers and local officials. Tracy's pets, a cross-eyed lion named Clarence and chimpanzee Judy, were also popular characters. Daktari was based upon the 1965 film Clarence, the Cross-Eyed Lion, which also starred Thompson as Dr. Tracy.
7. Gullivers' Travels
8. Four answers;
Salvatore "Toto? Schillaci
9. Roberts Barbie's full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts. According to the Random House novels of the 1960s, her parents' names are George and Margaret Roberts of Willows, Wisconsin. Barbie has been said to attend Willows High School in Willows, Wisconsin and Manhattan International High School in New York City, (based on the real-life Stuyvesant High School). She has an on-off romantic relationship with her beau Ken (Ken Carson), who first appeared in 1961. Like Barbie, Ken shares his name with one of Ruth Handler's children. A news release from Mattel in February 2004 announced that Barbie and Ken had decided to split up, but in February 2006 they were back together again.
10. Four answers;
a: Papua New Guinea
c: Sri Lanka