1. What kind of films were banned in Monaco after April 18, 1956?
2. Which musical instrument is also the name for a Champagne glass?
3. The name of which US state translated means 'snow'?
4. Akbar Shah, Cullinan, Taylor-Burton, Black Orlov, Koh-i-Noor and Golden Eye are all famous examples of what?
5. What was the original name for the band 'The Shadows'?
6. The following mottos and slogans are associated with which company or product? One point for each correct answer.
a. Because I'm worth it
b. Solutions for a small planet
c. Impossible is nothing
d. Grace Space Pace
7. In the Paul Simon song 'Graceland', what "was shining like a national guitar"?
8. Which New York City street is synonymous with the American advertising industry?
9. Name the three Americans who won the Wimbledon mens singles title during the 1970s? One point for each correct answer.
10. Which antiquated nautical word for 'old cable or rope' now describes some foods we eat?
11. The oldest existing French colony is Saint Pierre and Miquelon. Off the coast off which continent are the islands located?
12. What do each of the following middle initials stand for? One point for each correct answer.
a. Hilary R. Clinton
b. John W. Lennon
c. Lyndon B. Johnson
d. Michael J. Jackson
e. Samuel L. Jackson
13. Protazoa contains the Greek root 'prot'. What does 'prot' mean?
14. Trees that are felled in which season make the best wood for log cabins?
15. The following quotations are from which film? One point for each correct answer.
a. "The rug really tied the room together."
b. "Is it safe?"
c. "I see dead people."
d. "We'll always have Paris."
16. Known as a "living fossil", what is the other name for the Maidenhead tree that starts with the letter 'G'?
17. Name the five largest islands in the world that begin with the letter 'S'. One point for each correct answer.
18. What is a Gigli saw used for?
19. Which country were the following bands from? One point for each correct answer.
a. The Seekers
c. Hot House Flowers
d. Golden Earing
f. Air Supply
g. Bachman Turner Overdrive
20. Which sporting discipline did Elvis Presley practice and use on stage?
1. Grace Kelly films
5. The Drifters
6. Four answers
7. "The Mississippi Delta"
8. Madison Avenue
9. Three answers. Stan Smith (72), Jimmy Connors (74), Arthur Ashe (75)
11. North America
12. Five answers
13. First (protazoa, 'first animals)
14. Winter (moisture content is less)
15. Five answers.
a. The Big Lebowski
b. Marathon Man
c. The Sixth Sense
e. The Graduate
17. Five answers. Sumatra, Sulawesi, South Island, Sakhalin, Sri Lanka.
18. Bone cutting or amputations
19. Seven answers.