Pauls Quiz 299
1. Monique Delacroix was the mother of which suave and sophisticated fictional Commander?
2. Thomas A. Swift's electric rifle is better known as what?
3. Harrison Ford, Alec Baldwin and Ben Affleck have all played the role of which character in film?
4. The twins Slavek and Slavko were mascots for what?
5. What is the well known French expression for 'ready to wear'?
6. With ten words, what is the longest Beatles song title?
7. A nocebo is a negative reaction to the administration of what?
8. Max Schmelling was the only German to hold which title?
9. The following are the Royal Houses of which European countries? One point for each correct answer.
10. A bird of prey and a perfume bottle. One word, six letters.
11. Measured by the amount of visitors each year, the two most popular museums in the world are both found in Paris. Name them.
12. Which European country caused a storm of protest by signing a book of condolence after Adolf Hitler's death?
a. The Vatican b. Spain c. Ireland d. Switzerland
13. Name the six Commonwealth countries that start with the letter 'B'. One point for each correct answer.
14. Name the two best selling authors in the UK between the years 2000 and 2010.
15. Time zones were first used in North America. Plus or minus 20 years, when did this occur?
16. What is the Tango 12?
17. In which sea are the majority of chemical weapons produced during both world wars buried?
18. Name the five cities that have hosted the summer or winter Olympic games that start with the letter 'A'. One point for each correct answer.
19. Located in the Atlantic and number 16 on the list of largest islands in the world, which former country was part of the Commonwealth of Nations between 1931 and 1934?
20. The song title for each of the following lyrics is a womans name. Can you name them? One point for each correct answer.
a. She's got it, yeah baby she's got it
b. Jubilation she loves me again
c. She is like a cat in the dark and then she is the darkness
1. James Bond
3. Jack Ryan
4. Mascots for the UEFA Euro 2012
6. Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey
8. World heavyweight boxing champion
9. Four answers
11. Louvre and Centre Pompidou
12. c. Ireland
13. Six answers. Bahamas, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belize, Botswana and Brunei.
14. J. K. Rowling and Dan Brown
16. Official ball for the UEFA Euro 2012
17. Baltic Sea
18. Five answers. Athens, Antwerp, Amsterdam, Albertville and Atlanta.
20. Three answers.
a. Venus (Shocking Blue)
b. Cecilia (Simon and Garfunkel)
c. Rhiannon (Fleetwood Mac)