1. Which composer was able to write in spite of becoming almost totally deaf in later life?
2. About which composer was the 1984 film Amadeus?
3. Which one of the following composers wrote the six Brandenburg Concertos?
a: Johann Sebastian Bach
b: Fryderyk Franciszek Chopin
c: Franz Liszt
4. Pomp & Circumstance March No 1 by Sir Edward William Elgar is better known as what?
5. With which musical instrument do we associate Sir Yehudi Menuhin?
6. Which of the following is the location of the annual Promenade Concerts, or "Proms", held in London?
a: Royal Festival Hall
b: Royal Albert Hall
c: The Barbican Centre
7. To which family of musical instruments does the bassoon belong?
8. The Hallelujah Chorus comes from which work, often performed at Christmas?
9. La Boheme, The Marriage of Figaro, Rigoletto and Aida are all examples of what?
10. What term is used to describe a composition in which one or more solo instruments are assigned leading roles, often with orchestral accompaniment?
1. Ludwig van Beethoven
2. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
3. a: Johann Sebastian Bach
4. Land of Hope and Glory
6. b: Royal Albert Hall
8. The Messiah