1. Who released the following No 1 albums in the UK in 1970:
a. Get yer ya ya's out,
b. Atom Heart Mother,
c. Cosmo's Factory,
d. A Question of Balance
2. In song, who was "too busy to come to the phone" and "tryin' to start a new life of her own"?
3. Which famous surname and synonym for endless wealth replaced 'rich man' in the original version of the song 'If I Were A Richman'?
4. The following words are from songs with 'Gold' somewhere in the song title. Can you name the song? One point for each correct answer:
a. I've been to Hollywood,
b. Smiles awake you when you rise,
c. Don't let me hear you say life is taking you nowhere,
d. Every time just like the last on her ship tied to the mast,
e. Beckons you to enter his web of sin,
f. See the west wind move like a lover,
g. Love is like a high prison wall but you could leave me standing so tall
5. Name the singer-songwriter who wrote:
a. Dave Edmunds hit 'Girls Talk',
b. Manfred Mann's hit 'Blinded by the Light'
6. With the exception of The Sound Of Music (the original soundtrack), only three bands or singers had a number one album in the UK charts in 1965. Can you name the bands or singers? One point for each correct answer.
7. Which music commemorates the Battle of Borodino?
8. Canadian born singer songwriter Andy Kim had a mega hit on both sides of the Atlantic in 1974 with the song 'Rock Me Gently'. His biggest hit however was a song he wrote for another band years earlier. The song was the 'Billboard single of the year' in 1969 and also spent eight weeks at number 1 in the UK charts. Can you name the tasty ditty?
9. The following words are from songs with the word 'My' in the song title. Can you name the song? One point for each correct answer:
a. That's me in the corner, that's me in the spotlight,
b. His welfare is my concern, no burden is he to bear,
c. Good evening and welcome to Slaggers featuring Dennis O'Bell,
d. Though I'm dressed in rags I'll wear sable someday,
e. She ain't got no money and her clothes are kinda funny,
f. Tom cat you know where it's at, come on let's go to my flat
10. The name of which music style translated means 'new wave'?
1. Four answers:
a. Rolling Stones,
b. Pink Floyd,
d. Moody Blues
2. Sylvia. "Sylvia's Mother" - Dr Hook
3. Rothschild ("If I were a Rothschild")
4. Seven answers:
a. Heart of Gold (Neil Young),
b. Golden Slumbers (Beatles),
c. Golden Years (Bowie),
d. Golden Brown (The Stranglers),
e. Goldfinger (Shirley Bassey),
f. Fields of Gold (Sting),
g. Gold (Spandau Ballet)
5. Two answers:
a. Elvis Costello,
b. Bruce Springsteen
6. The Beatles, The Rolling Stones and Bob Dylan
7. The 1812 Overture
8. Sugar Sugar
9. Six answers:
a. Losing my religion (REM),
b. He ain't heavy (he's my brother) (Hollies),
c. You know my name (look up the number) (Beatles),
d. It's my life (Animals),
e. Love grows where my Rosemary goes (Edison Lighthouse),
f. My coo ca choo (Alvin Stardust)
10. Bossa Nova