Many thanks to Alfred from Germany for this quiz:
1. Winston Churchill received a nobel prize in 1953. Which one?
2. Peace Nobel Price Winner Tenzin Gyatso is better known under which name?
3. Which three US presidents received the Peace Nobel Price?
4. Which two writers declined the Literature Nobel Price?
5. From 1901 to 2006, 182 individuals received the Medicine Nobel Price. From which country came most of them?
6. And which country has most Medicine Nobel Price Winners relative to its population?
7. a) How many individuals received two nobel prizes
b) And how many received three?
8. How many percent of the Nobel prize winners were female? (Plus or minus 3%)
9. There were four german winners of the Peace Nobel Prize so far. Name them.
10. Why was there no Peace Nobel Price in 1948?
2. The 14th Dalai Lama
3. Three Answers:
4. Two Answers:
5. USA (80 out of 182)
6. Sweden (12 winners, 9 M inhabitants)
7. a) Four (Marie Curie, Linus Pauling, John Bardeen, Frederick Sanger)
9. Four Answers;
Carl von Ossiezky
10. Should have been awarded to Mahatma Ghandi, who was assassinated and could not be awarded posthumously according to the rules