Albums Quiz 1
This picture round contains a collection of famous album covers which we have doctored slightly. For each cover there is a question and the answer to each follows the set of questions. The Question sheet has been prepared for you to download in PDF or Microsoft Word formats.
Note: Many experienced quiz teams should find this round very easy.
1. Name the album title
2. Name the band and the album title
3. Name the artist who has been wiped out of this album cover
4. Name the artist and the album title
5. This famous album was released on August the 1st of which year?
6. This famous singer's real name has seven extra letters than his stage name. What are those seven letters?
7. and 8. The following letters are the initials of several of this band's previous studio albums, in each case give the full album title (Get a bonus point for getting the year of release for each album):
b: (WTS) MG
9. and 10. This man, who incidentally once got thrown out of a nightclub for punching Sid Vicious of the Sex Pistols, has been a member of many acts, as well as a solo artist in his own rights.
a: Name the artist and album title of the cover below.
b: Name three bands that he has recorded with or been a member of.
c: He appeared on the 1984 charity single by Band Aid, "Do they know it's Christmas". However, he did not sing or play a note, he only mimed at various performances, such as "Top of the Pops" on BBC television. Who originally sang the line on the record that he mimed to?
1. Revolver (Beatles)
2. Blur - Modern Life is Rubbish
3. John Lennon (Imagine)
4. Madonna - True Blue
5. 1991 (Nirvana - Nevermind)
6. George Ivan Morrison
7. and 8. Oasis was the band, and the albums were:
a: Definitely Maybe (1994)
b: (What's the Story) Morning Glory? (1995)
c: Be Here Now (1997)
d: Standing on the Shoulder of Giants (2000)
e: Heathen Chemistry (below) (2002)
f: Don't Believe The Truth (2005)
9. and 10. Three Answers
a: Paul Weller - Stanley Road
b: The Jam, The Style Council, Oasis (as guest guitarist and singer on "Champaigne Supernova") and a bonus point can be given for anyone who knows that he also performed with Death In Vegas on their 2003 album "Scorpio Rising". The same applies for the fact that he played guitar on Peter Gabriel?s 1980 album "Peter Gabriel"
c: Bono (of U2 fame)