Cryptic Sevens Quiz 1
The following quiz round was submitted by Alan Macdonald from the UK. Many thanks Alan, great job!
Simply put, each of the questions below is a clue to two seven letter words. The first word has one letter different to the second seven letter word.
1. Came out of an egg and found a mate
2. Break up the idle talk
3. Politely turn something down then lie back and relax
4. Shackled someone then maybe sang a war song
5. Firearms practice in a convent?
6. Spoiling the weekly laundry
7. Does a deal with the gents' hairdressers
8. Demanded payment when a record made the Top 10
9. Throwing up after going away
10. The Senior Service's suitmakers?
1. Hatched - matched
2. Shatter - chatter
3. Decline - recline
4. Chained - chanted
5. Gunnery - nunnery
6. Wasting- washing
7. Barters - barbers
8. Charged - charted
9. Heaving - leaving
10. Sailors - tailors