The following quiz round was submitted by Ted Smith from the UK. Many thanks Ted, a great idea.
The idea is that all the answers to the following questions follow each other in alphabetical order.
1. What type of headgear was named after a battle in the Crimean War?
2. Extremely light wood of tropical America
3. What is the tallest and thickest kind of grass?
4. Who played Che Guevera alongside Madonna in the film "Evita"?
5. The codename for the German invasion of Russia in World War II?
6. Which Italian football club bought David Platt for £5.5 million?
7. In which film does Michelle Pfeiffer play the character of Catwoman?
8. What were the six original tokens that a player can use to move round a monopoly board?
9. Les McKeown was the lead singer with which Scottish pop group?
10. In the film Goldeneye, which British actor played agent 006?
11. In the stock exchange what animal is used as a nickname to describe someone who sells shares thinking that the price will fall?
12. Who was the first goalkeeper to save a penalty in an FA Cup final?
13. Which Madonna song includes the line "I have a taste for danger"?
14. What animal does Tramp get to remove Lady's muzzle in the film "Lady and the Tramp"?
15. Who had a hit in 1988 with "The First Time"?
16. Minsk is the capital of which country?
17. Which famous inventor was born in Scotland in 1847 and became a US citizen 35 years later?
18. What was the original function of the Leaning Tower of Pisa?
19. What is the capital of Switzerland?
20. Who did Ringo Starr replace in the Beatles?
21. What is the name of the sport which combines cross-country skiing and rifle marksmanship?
22. What is the bestselling book in the world?
23. In what film does Tom Hanks star as a boy in a adult body?
24. Which commonly eaten item of food has a name which literally translates as "twice cooked"?
25. Who had a number one hit with "Ride On Time" in 1989?
26. The liqueur cassis is made from which fruit?
27. What is the largest poisonous snake in Africa?
28. What Bond villain has been played by Telly Savalas, Charles Gray and Donald Pleasance?
29. Which band released the 1999 comeback single "Maria"?
30. Which band released the album "Modern Life Is Rubbish"?
1. The Balaclava
4. Banderas Antonia
7. Batman Returns
8. Battleship, Boot, Iron, Racehorse, Racing Car and Top Hat
9. Bay City Rollers
10. Bean Sean
12. Beasant Dave
13. "Beautiful Stranger"
15. Beck Robin
17. Bell Alexander Graham
18. bell tower
20. Best Pete
25. Black Box
27. Black Mamba