The following quiz round was submitted by Ted Smith from the UK. Many thanks Ted, a great idea.
The idea is that all the answers to the following questions follow each other in alphabetical order.
1. In the Bible, what was the name of Moses' older brother?
2. Which pop group had the most number one singles in the UK charts in the seventies?
3. Which Scottish city lies between the mouths of the rivers Dee and Don?
4. In which TV show would you find the character of Edina Monsoon?
5. From which company does Road Runner’s arch enemy buy his weapons etc?
6. Who released the 1985 hit album "Reckless"?
7. Who had a hit in 1990 with the song "Killer"?.
8. Which two countries are linked by the Khyber pass?
9. Which band had a hit with "Manhattan Skyline"?
10. In ancient Greece, Aristotle claimed that all matter on Earth was made of which four elements? .
11. What US state would you arrive in if you headed due north from Hawaii?
12. In which country was Mother Theresa born?
13. What is the state capital of New York?
14. What is methyphobia the fear of?
15. Who was the famous son of the Greek princess Olympias?.
16. The Chinese and the Mississippi are the only two known species of which creature?
17. What name is given to an alloy of mercury?
18. The line "I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life" comes from which Oscar winning film?
19. What was the name of the aeroplane in which Buddy Holly died?
20. What’s the capital of Jordan?
21. Who was the first man to reach the South Pole?
22. Who wrote "The Ugly Duckling" and "The Emperor's New Clothes"?
23. What’s the better name for the island of Ynys Mon?
24. Who wrote the words to Frank Sinatra's hit "My way"?
25. The song "Tomorrow" features in which musical?
26. How was 80's music star Stuart Goddard better known?
27. If penultimate means next to last, what is the correct word for second to last?
28. What is the more common name for Ethylene Glycol?
29. What was the name of the spacecraft which burst into flames on it's ground-test in 1967, killing all three astronauts on board?
30. Phoenix is the capital city of which US state?
31. According to legend where will the last great battle between the powers of good and evil be fought?
32. Which chemical element is derived from the Greek word for "male"?
33. What song does Humphrey Bogart's character famously ask Sam to play in the film "Casablanca"?
34. With which branch of science do you associate Fred Hoyle?
35. Who directed the film "A Bridge Too Far"?
36. Old TV – what was the name of Terry’s sister in The Likely Lads?
37. Who was the first Roman Emperor?
38. What nationality was Adolf Hitler?
39. What A is a both a county town and a breed of duck?
40. Italy’s international soccer team is sometimes known as what?
4. Absolutely Fabulous
5. The Acme Company
6. Adams Bryan
8. Afghanistan and Pakistan
10. Air Earth Fire and Water
15. Alexander The Great
18. American Beauty
19. American Pie
21. Amundsen Roald
22. Anderson Hans Christian
24. Anka Paul
26. Ant Adam
29. Apollo I
33. As Time Goes By
35. Attenbrough Richard