The following quiz round was submitted by Ted Smith from the UK. Many thanks Ted, a great idea.
The idea is that all the answers to the following questions follow each other in alphabetical order.
1. What do you call a group of Moles?
2. Who played the title role in the film Shane?
3. What do Italians call the "sweet life"?
4. What was the name of the first dog in space?
5. Who sang the theme tune to Rawhide?
6. What is official residence of Archbishop/Canterbury?
7. In Bonanza, who played Little Joe?
8. What is the capital of Bolivia
9. What is the other common name for the Peewit?
10. Who was the first British comedian to be knighted?
11. What is Nitrous Oxide better known as?
12. What was Cary Grant's real name?
13. Who directed the film The Bridge on the River Kwai?
14. Who played Felix Unger in the film The Odd Couple?
15. Who is Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov better known as?
16. What city was besieged for 880 days in WW2?
17. Whose 2nd book (published in 1965) was called A Spaniard in the Works?
18. What is the medical term for cancer of the blood?
19. Which US actor's real name is Joseph Levitch?
20. Tripoli is the capital of which country?
21. What hybrid is produced by a male Lion and a female Tiger?
22. What is the lightest weight in boxing?
23. What is the capital of Peru?
24. What was The Third Man's character name?
25. In the film Airport, what is the name of the airport?
26. Lusitania Express runs between which two cities?
27. In which city was ?A Letter to Brezhnev? set?
28. What was the name of the Indian Maiden in Running Bear by Johnny Preston?
29. In which city is the Walker Art Gallery?
30. Who was the last leader of the GLC before it was disbanded?
31. What is a Gila Monster?
32. What is the more common name for Tetanus?
33. On which river does Nantes stand?
34. Who played the psychiatrist in The Human Jungle?
35. What did Britain export to Lake Havasu City, Arizona?
36. Who played Ugarte in Casablanca?
37. In which museum is Whistler's Mother?
38. What is Pavarotti's first name?
39. Who was German leader of Protestant Reformation?
40. In Z Cars, who did James Ellis play?
2. Alan Ladd
3. La Dolce Vita
5. Frankie Laine
6. Lambeth Palace
7. Michael Landon
8. La Paz
10. Harry Lauder
11. Laughing Gas
12. Archibald Leach
13. David Lean
14. Jack Lemmon
17. John Lennon
19. Jerry Lewis
22. Light Flyweight
24. Harry Lime
25. Lincoln International
26. Lisbon & Madrid
28. Little White Dove
30. Ken Livingstone
34. Herbert Lom
35. London Bridge
36. Peter Lorre
37. The Louvre
39. Martin Luther
40. Bert Lynch