The following quiz round was submitted by Ted Smith from the UK. Many thanks Ted, a great idea.
The idea is that all the answers to the following questions follow each other in alphabetical order.
1. What is the capital of Afghanistan?
2. What desert spreads from Botswana into SW Africa?
3. What is the Japanese word for "divine wind"?
4. What dam was opened in Rhodesia on 17th May 1960
5. What is the name of Inspector Clouseau's manservant?
6. What would you be in if you did an Eskimo Roll?
7. What movie star was known as The Great Stone Face?
8. Who won Best Actress Oscar for Annie Hall in 1978?
9. Private Eye readers know Prince Philip as who?
10. On 19th February 1906, the Battle Creek Cereal Company was formed, by what name is it now more famous
11. What film star became Princess of Monaco?
12. Who was assassinated on 5th June 1968 whilst campaigning for the US presidency
13. What county is known as The Garden of England?
14. In which American State is Fort Knox?
15. Who was the first president of independent Kenya?
16. What frog stars in The Muppet Show?
17. Who was The Galloping Gourmet?
18. What bridge over the Thames leads to Kew Gardens?
19. What police force did Mack Sennett create?
20. The Soviet secret police are known by their initials: what are they?
21. What capital stands at convergence of Blue/White Nile?
22. In human biology, which organ removes excess salt from the blood?
23. What doctor did American author Max Brand create?
24. Who played Batman in the film Batman Forever?
25. What part of highland dress is a filibeg?
26. What is the collective noun for kittens?
27. What movie monster's home was Skull Island?
28. Who played the title role in the film Ghandi?
29. What is the capital of Jamaica?
30. If two people are osculating, what are they doing?
31. What is nickname of New Zealand Rugby LEAGUE team?
32. What region of Yukon was scene of a famous Gold Rush?
33. What are Trinity, Trellis, Cable and Ladder of Life?
34. At which ground do St Helen?s rugby league club play?
35. What is the world's largest living lizard?
36. In which war is the M.A.S.H set?
37. Which K used to appear regularly on the front page of the Dandy for many years?
38. Which Moscow building has a name meaning citadel?
39. On which planet was Superman born?
40. Who played Kato in the Pink Panther films?
4. Kariba Dam
6. Kayak or canoe
7. Buster Keaton
8. Diane Keaton
11. Grace Kelly
12. Robert Kennedy
15. Jomo Kenyatta
17. Graham Kerr
18. Kew Bridge
19. Keystone Kops
23. Dr Kildare
24. Val Kilmer
27. King Kong
28. Ben Kingsley
32. The Klondike
33. Knitting Stitches
34. Knowsley Road
35. Komodo Dragon
37. Korky the Kat
38. The Kremlin
40. Bert Kwouk