Alphabetical Quiz 22
The following quiz round was submitted by Ted Smith from the UK. Many thanks Ted, a great idea.
The idea is that all the answers to the following questions follow each other in alphabetical order.
1. In the song Mack the Knife, what kind of knife does Mack have?
2. Who won Best Actress Oscar for A touch of Class (74)
3. Who was the first singer to get five Top Ten hits from one album?
4. Whose sons founded the twelve tribes of Israel?
5. In I Claudius, who played Claudius?
6. What was Chief Inspector Clouseau's first name?
7. What British car was Le Mans success story of 50s?
8. Where did Ska originate?
9. Where is Montego Bay? .
10. Who played the original Liver Birds?
11. Where did the Venerable Bede live?
12. What did a barber called Buddy Bolden reputedly start in 1900?
13. Which famous butler's first name was Reginald?
14. What does a burglar call a Crow Bar?
15. Who, on I May 1985, collected his 110th International soccer cap - a record for the home countries
16. What is a female Donkey called?
17. Who is called the 'weeping prophet'?
18. Who wrote Three Men in a Boat?
19. Which TV series was based on Paul Scott's The Raj Quartet?
20. Which calendar began on 7 October, 3761BC?
21. Which puzzle was first introduced in 1832?
22. Which line precedes 'Oh, what fun it is to ride in a one horse open sleigh'? .
23. Which family features in John Steinbeck's novel The Grapes of Wrath?
24. Who made the LP An Innocent Man?
25. In Z Cars, who played Inspector Barlow?
26. Who, while commentating on a Test Match, said, 'The bowler's Holding, the batsman's Willey'?
27. Who was leader of The Peoples' Temple, a mass suicide in Guyana in 1978?
28. Who was the Oscar-winning star of the film, Song of Bernadette?
29. Who wrote Maple Leaf Rag?
30. What does ' safari' actually mean?
31. Who manufactured the Javelin car?
32. Which Irish novelist & poet was born 1882 and died 1941?
33. Olympics:what man won both 400 & 800 metre Golds?
34. What is the NEWEST line on the London Underground?
35. In which sport might you use a shime-waza?
36. Competitive Judo developed from what?
37. In which TV programme were new records voted as 'Hit' or 'Miss' by members of the audience?
38. Who went to sea in a sieve?
39. Which jungle character did Johnny Weissmuller play, after Tarzan? .
40. In the song Fly Me to the Moon, which two planets are mentioned?
2. Glenda Jackson
3. Michael Jackson. Thriller was the name of the album
5. Derek Jacobi
10. PollyJames & Nerys Hughes
12. Jazz, in New Orleans
15. Pat Jennings. (N. Ireland.)
18. Jerome K Jerome
19. Jewel in the Crown
20. Jewish Calendar
21. The jigsaw puzzle
22. Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way
23. The Joads
24. Billy Joel.
25. Stratford Johns
26. Brian Johnston
27. James Jones
28. Jennifer Jones
29. Scott Joplin
32. James Joyce
33. Alberto Juanterina
34. Jubilee Line
35. In Judo - it is a throttling technique
36. Ju Jitsu.
37. Juke Box Jury
38. The Jumblies, in Edward Lear's poem
39. Jungle Jim
40. Jupiter and Mars.