Alphabetical Quiz 28
The following quiz round was submitted by Ted Smith from the UK. Many thanks Ted, a great idea.
The idea is that all the answers to the following questions follow each other in alphabetical order.
1. Which plant is the only one to have flowers, but no proper leaves?
2. What was the name of the 1980 comedy film about golf which spawned a sequel in 1988?
3. Who played Rita's tutor in the film "Educating Rita"?
4. By what name is Martha Jane Canary better known?
5. What was the Roman name for Scotland?
6. What are only three animals which walk by moving their front and hind legs on one side, then on the other?
7. "Wichita Lineman" was the first British top ten hit for who?
8. Which country has the longest coastline in the world?
9. Lanzarote is part of which island group?
10. At which film festival is the Palm d'Or awarded?
11. What is the more common name for anthropophagy?
12. What name is given to the Southernmost point in South America?
13. Which element has the highest melting point?
14. What was George Michael's first solo UK single to reach the top 40?
15. Who is the only artist, as at November 2000, to have had their first 10 singles reach the top 5 in the US charts?
16. What was Billy Ocean's first number one single?
17. Who plays "Daffy" in the film "The Beach"?
18. Which two actors play the title roles in "Dumb and Dumber"?
19. Which author had the real name of Charles Dodgson?
20. Which comedian's real name is Robert Davies?
21. From which film does the line "Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship" come?
22. What is the largest inland sea in the world?
23. Which fictional character has been played on screen by Julie Newmar, Eartha Kitt and Michelle Pfeiffer?
24. What is the official name of "the Old Bailey"?
25. In computing, what does CPU stand for?
26. What is the largest land-locked country in Africa?
27. What two drinks are used to made a "Black Velvet"?
28. What is the most popular surname in the world?
29. Which member of the Monty Python team was a doctor?
30. Who was the female judge on the ITV show 'Pop Idol'?
31. What city in South Carolina gave its name to a popular dance in the early 20th century?
32. What was Winston Churchill's home in Kent called?
33. "Gregory Peck" is cockney rhyming slang for what?
34. Which Oscar winner was born with the name Cherilyn Sarkisian?
35. Which musical does the song "I know him so well" come from?
36. Who sang the title song to the Aristocrats?
37. What is the name of the range of hills that divides England and Scotland?
38. In which American city would you find the headquarters of McDonalds?
39. Which film released in the year 2000, was advertised with the slogan "Escape or Die Frying"?
40. What was the name of the novelty song that Spitting Image took to number one in 1986?
3. Caine Michael
4. Calamity Jane
6. Camel, Cat, Giraffe.
7. Campbell Glen
12. Cape Horn
14. Careless Whisper
15. Carey Mariah
16. Caribbean Queen
17. Carlyle Robert
18. Carrey Jim and Jeff Daniels
19. Carroll Lewis
20. Carrot Jasper
22. Caspian Sea
23. Catwoman (from "Batman")
24. Central Criminal Court
25. Central processing unit
27. Champagne and Guinness
29. Chapman Graham
30. Chapman Nicki
36. Chevalier (Maurice)
37. The Cheviot Hills
39. Chicken Run
40. The Chicken Song