Alphabetical Quiz 29
The following quiz round was submitted by Ted Smith from the UK. Many thanks Ted, a great idea.
The idea is that all the answers to the following questions follow each other in alphabetical order.
1. What is the surname of the infamous resident of Rillington Place and the 1992 men's Olympic 100m champion?
2. What fairytale has been filmed the most?
3. What acid is extracted from the juice of lemons, oranges, limes, and grapefruit?
4. Who released albums called "Behind The Sun" "August " and "Slowhand",?
5. From which film did the pop group Heaven 17 take their name?
6. What is the real name of the comedian who plays the character of Ali G?
7. Who was the third crew member along with Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin on the Apollo 11 mission?
8. What word is used to describe a group of ants?
9. What are the two "rectangular" states in America?
10. In what film did Oprah Winfrey make her big screen acting debut?
11. Which TV detective had a dog called simply "Dog"?
12. In the order of the British Empire, what does the letter "C" stand for in CBE?
13. What was the name of Pulp's first top ten hit single?
14. What subject was Rodney studying in "Only Fools And Horses"?
15. What was the sequel to the 1982 film "Conan The Barbarian" called?
16. What is the only river which flows both north and south of the equator?
17. What is the name of a line on a map that joins places of equal height?
18. Which comedian plays the character of Paul Calf on television?
19. Vincent Furnier is the real name of which rock star?
20. Who played Eliot Ness in the 1987 film 'The Untouchables'?
21. Which TV show featured the character of DS Jane Penhaligon?
22. Who had a hit in 1994 with "Zombie"?
23. In the TV comedy series "Frasier", what is Frasier's surname?
24. What is the emblem of Islam, which is displayed on a number of national flags?
25. Who wrote the novel "Jurassic Park" on which the Steven Spielberg film of the same name was based?
26. The dye Saffron is obtained from which flower?
27. Who was the first woman to win a Nobel Prize?
28. Which famous British ship's name means "The Short Skirt"?
29. Which is the only country to have a map of itself on its national flag?
30. The film "Roxanne" starring Steve Martin is based on which classic French film?
4. Clapton Eric
5. Clockwork Orange
6. Cohen Sacha Baron
7. Collins Michael
9. Colorado and Wyoming
10. Color Purple
13. Common People
15. Conan The Destroyer
18. Coogan Steve
19. Cooper Alice
20. Costner Kevin
22. The Cranberries
24. crescent moon
25. Crichton Michael
27. Curie Marie
28. Cutty Sark
30. Cyrano De Bergerac