The following quiz round was submitted by Ted Smith from the UK. Many thanks Ted, a great idea.
The idea is that all the answers to the following questions follow each other in alphabetical order.
1. In "The Simpsons", what was Maggie's first word?
2. Who plays the Green Goblin in the 2002 film 'Spider-Man'?
3. Which author married actress Patricia Neal and wrote the screenplay for the James Bond film "You Only Live Twice"?
4. In "Spiderman", what is the name of the newspaper where Peter Parker works
5. As at the year 2001, who is Liverpool's most capped player of all time?
6. Who played the title role in the 1975 film "Tommy"?
7. What is the world's oldest continually inhabited city?
8. What four-letter word was first heard on the screen in "Gone With The Wind"?
9. Who played Private James Francis Ryan in the film "Saving Private Ryan"?
10. Which cartoon character had an arch enemy called Baron Silas Greenback?
11. Who sailed to the Galapagos Islands on his ship HMS Beagle?
12. Which singer got 6 nominations at the Brit Awards in 2001, but didn't win anything?
13. Tony Orlando was the lead singer with which band?
14. Wild Bill Hickock was killed playing poker while holding a pair of aces and a pair of eights leading to what expression
15. In which film did Robin Williams play an English teacher called John Keating?
16. In 1956, who became the first actor to be nominated for an Oscar posthumously?
17. Who played Patrick Trench in "One Foot In The Grave"?
18. The name "United States of America" was first officially used in what document?
19. What replaced Calcutta as the capital of India in 1912?
20. Which country has the world's oldest flag?
21. Who played the title role in the Tim Burton film "Ed Wood"?
22. Which cartoon character sometimes had trouble controlling Musky and Vince?
23. In 1931, what was the first live televised sports event?.
24. By what name was the Allied operation against Iraq in the Gulf war of 1991 known?
25. What is the name given to the system for categorising library books?
26. In which series of action films does the character of John McClane appear?
27. Which singer had the bestselling album in the UK in 1998 called "Falling Into You"?
28. Who's 1978 debut single was called "Sultans Of Swing"?
29. What 1967 film had the tagline "Train them! Excite them! Arm them!...Then turn them loose on the Nazis!"?
30. Which TV series was introduced by the music "An Ordinary Copper"?
31. In the Dilbert comic strips, what is the name of the management consultant?
32. Other than humans, what are the only animals that have sex for pleasure?
33. Which of the four Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles would come first alphabetically?
34. In fashion, what do the letters DKNY stand for?
35. Who played the title role in the TV show "Queenie's Castle"?
36. What insect can also be known as the Devil's Darning Needle?
37. Which Scottish liqueur is made of whisky and heather honey?
38. What was Morpheus the Greek god of?
39. What is the name of Leslie Neilson's character in the "Police Squad" TV series and "Naked Gun" films?
40. In 1978 who became the youngest man to win a Best Actor Oscar for his performance in "The Goodbye Girl"?
41. Which actress provided the voices for Jane and Brooke Shields in the 1999 films "Tarzan" and "South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut"?
42. Jessica Tandy won the best Actress Oscar in 1989 for which film?
43. In which film does the character of Honey Rider appear?
44. Which instrument did Karen Carpenter play in The Carpenters before becoming lead singer?
45. By what name was Sir Arthur Wellesley better known?
46. Who wrote the novel "The Three Musketeers"?
47. In which Scottish city are the comics the Beano and the Dandy published?
48. Who invented the pneumatic tyre, which was first used on bicycles?
49. What three words were used to give Durex condoms their name?
50. The invention of what in 1867, made Alfred Nobel famous?
2. Willem Dafoe
3. Roald Dahl
4. The Daily Bugle
5. Kenny Dalglish
6. Roger Daltrey
9. Matt Damon
11. Charles Darwin
12. Craig David
14. Dead Man's Hand?
15. "Dead Poets Society"
16. James Dean
17. Angus Deayton
18. The Declaration Of Independence
21. Johnny Depp
22. Deputy Dawg
23. The Derby (horse race)
24. Desert Storm
25. Dewey Decimal System
26. Die Hard
27. Celine Dion
28. Dire Straits
29. "The Dirty Dozen
30. Dixon Of Dock Green
34. Donna Karen New York
35. Diana Dors
36. The Dragonfly
39. Frank Drebin
40. Richard Dreyfuss
41. Minnie Driver
42. "Driving Miss Daisy"
43. "Dr No"
45. Duke of Wellington
46. Alexander Dumas
48. John Dunlop
49. Durability, Reliability and Excellence