The following quiz round was submitted by Ted Smith from the UK. Many thanks Ted, a great idea.
The idea is that all the answers to the following questions follow each other in alphabetical order.
1. A griffin had the body of a lion and the head and wings of what type of bird?
2. Which two London boroughs begin with the letter 'E'?
3. Where in the human body is the labyrinth?
4. In "Star Trek", from which planet did Spock's mother come?
5. Which Michael Jackson song was a UK Christmas number one in 1995?
6. Which tough-guy actor sang "I Talk to the Trees" in the 1970 film "Paint Your Wagon"?
7. In which film are Peter Fonda, Dennis Hopper and Jack Nicholson said to be smoking real marijuana on camera?
8. In which field was the sixth Nobel prize established?
9. Which country's name originates from a line of Latitude?
10. Who was British Prime Minister from 1955 to 1958?
11. In which British city would you find Arthur's Seat?
12. In the TV comedy series "Blackadder", what was Blackadder's first name?
13. What are the first names of the four children who enter Narnia through a wardrobe in "The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe"?
14. In 1889, what took over from the Great Pyramid as the world's tallest building
15. Which scientist was born in Germany in 1879, became a Swiss citizen in 1901 and later became a US citizen in 1940?
16. What did Jacob Schick invent which is used by millions of people in the world?
17. What is the only animal to have four knees?
18. In "The Lord Of The Rings", what type of creature was Legolas?
19. Born in 1541, how was Domenikos Theotokopoulos more commonly known?
20. In which country is San Salvador?
21. Which stand-up comedian wrote the novel called "Stark"?
22. Which TV medical drama was set in Oxbridge General Hospital
23. In the children's TV series, who was the girl who looked after Bagpuss?
24. In the music world, by what name is Marshall Bruce Mathers III better known?
25. What does the E in the acronym LED stand for?
26. Which series of erotic films shot Sylvia Krystal to fame in the 70s?
27. What became the tallest building in the world when it opened in 1931?
28. Which two countries fought in the Hundred Years War?
29. World War II, what was the name of the German coding machine, which the British eventually managed to crack?
30. What was the plane that dropped the first atomic bomb called?
31. What is the name of the Christian festival 12 days after Christmas?
32. What is the time of year when the sun is directly over the Equator at noon called?
33. What are the names of the five Great Lakes in North America?
34. Who was the Greek God of love?
35. The name of which type of people means "eaters of raw meat"?
36. What are the names of the Duke of York's two children?
37. Which footballer won the golden boot in the 1966 World Cup scoring 9 goals?
38. "Snot Rap" was a 1983 top 10 hit single for which TV personality?
39. In which book of the Bible is the birth of Moses?
40. Which 1971 novel by William Blatty was later turned into a famous horror film?
1. An eagle
2. Ealing and Enfield
3. The ear
5. "Earth Song"
6. Clint Eastwood
7. Easy Rider
10. Anthony Eden
13. Edmund Lucy Peter and Susan
14. Eiffel Tower
15. Albert Einstein
16. Electric razor
19. El Greco
20. El Salvador
21. Ben Elton
22. Emergency Ward 10
25. Light EMITTING diode
27. Empire State Building
28. England and France
30. Enola Gay
33. Erie, Huron, Michigan, Superior and Ontario
36. Eugenie and Beatrice
38. Kenny Everett
40. "The Exorcist"