The following quiz round was submitted by Ted Smith from the UK. Many thanks Ted, a great idea.
The idea is that all the answers to the following questions follow each other in alphabetical order.
1. What is the name of the local pub in the TV series "Only Fools and Horses"?
2. Which actor turned singer had a UK number one hit single with "Ain't No Doubt" in 1992?
3. Which famous person in history had a horse called Marengo?
4. Which novel by Enid Bagnold is about a girl who races her horse in the Grand National?
5. Feeling of sickness
6. What does the “N” stand for in SONAR
7. In the TV show "The Young Ones", what were the first names of the four main characters?
8. What name is given to the score 111 in cricket?
9. In the novel "20,000 Leagues Under The Sea" what was the name of the captain of the submarine Nautilus?
10. In the film 'The Matrix', by what name is Keanu Reeve's character Thomas A. Anderson commonly known?
11. Study of new words
12. In what 1984 film did Sean Connery return as James Bond?
13. Who played Lucas Jackson in which 1967 film?
14. On which racecourse in England is the Rowley Mile?
15. What in France is "Le Figaro"?
16. What was the official language of society called in"1984" (by George Orwell)?
17. Who discovered gravitation and invented calculus?
18. In which two cities would you find Cleopatra's Needles?
19. In which Charles Dickens novel does the character of Smike appear?
20. What type of clouds produce rain or snow?
21. What is Japan's official name
22. What is the most abundant gas in the atmosphere?
23. What was the only word spoken by mime artist Marcel Marceau in the 1976 film "Silent Movie"?
24. What award was given to Theodore Roosevelt in 1906, Martin Luther King in 1964 and Gorbachev in 1990?
25. What is the opposite of "diurnal"?
26. What was the name of the character that O J Simpson played in the "Naked Gun" films?
27. What is the name of the football team Barcelona's home stadium?
28. When is St Andrews day?
29. The title of Talking Heads first UK top ten hit was the Road to where ?
30. Who's first solo album was released in 1979 and called "The Pleasure Principle"?
1. The Nag's Head
2. Jimmy Nail
4. National Velvet
6. Sound, Navigation & Radar
7. Neil, Rick, Mike and Vyvian
9. Captain Nemo
12. Never Say Never Again
13. Paul Newman "Cool Hand Luke",
17. Isaac Newton
18. New York and London
19. Nicholas Nickleby
24. Nobel Peace Prize
26. Officer Nordberg
27. The Nou Camp
28. November 30th
29. Road To Nowhere
30. Gary Numan