Alphabetical Quiz 40
The following quiz round was submitted by Ted Smith from the UK. Many thanks Ted, a great idea.
The idea is that all the answers to the following questions follow each other in alphabetical order.
1. Which character did Christopher Ryan play in the TV comedy series "The Young Ones"?
2. Who directed the Oscar-winning film "The English Patient"?
3. The name of which house-hold object comes from the Latin meaning "admire" or "to wonder at"?
4. What 1960 film was written by Arthur Miller and starred his wife Marilyn Monroe?
5. In the song, who regrets she is unable to lunch today?
6. Roger Hargreaves created which characters in a series of books in the 1970s?
7. Who wrote the novel on which the film "Gone With The Wind" was based?
8. Robert De Niro played Max Cady in the Scorcese film "Cape Fear", but who played him in the 1962 version of the same film?
9. Born in Paris in 1840, who was regarded as the leader of the impressionist art movement?
10. What is the largest land-locked country in the world?
11. What type of animal is a mandrill?
12. What are the names of the feuding families in Romeo and Juliet?
13. Where does the American flag fly 24 hours a day, but is never raised, lowered or saluted?
14. What kind of animal is the cartoon character Bullwinkle?
15. Which famous TV comedian changed his name from Eric Bartholomew?
16. What is the name of Sherlock Holmes' arch enemy?
17. Which TV character named his son Mearth?
18. What was the name of the hostage John McCarthy’s girl friend ?
19. Which TV actor provided the voice for Bob the Builder on his number one hit?
20. On which river does Moscow stand?
21. Where do the Greek gods live?
22. What is Robert Burns’s "Wee, sleekit, cow'rin, tim'rous beastie"?
23. Tobermory is the only town on which Scottish island?
24. In which German city does the Oktoberfest beer festival take place?
25. What name is used to describe a group of crows?
26. Who wrote A Severed Head (1961) and The Sea, The Sea (1978)?
27. Who played the leading role in the 1986 film "The Golden Child"?
28. Which two stouts are brewed in Cork?
29. What was the name of the killer in the film "Halloween"?
30. Who plays Dr. Evil in the "Austin Powers" films?
2. Anthony Minghella
4. The Misfits
5. Miss Otis
6. The Mister Men
7. Margaret Mitchell
8. Robert Mitchum
9. Claude Monet
12. Montague and Capulet
13. The moon.
14. A moose
15. Eric Morecambe
16. Professor Moriaty
17. Mork (from "Mork and Mindy")
18. Jill Morrell
19. Neil Morrissey
20. The Moskva
21. Mount Olympus
22. A Mouse
25. A murder
26. Iris Murdoch
27. Eddie Murphy
28. Murphy's and Beamish
29. Michael Myers
30. Mike Myers