Alphabetical Quiz 39
The following quiz round was submitted by Ted Smith from the UK. Many thanks Ted, a great idea.
The idea is that all the answers to the following questions follow each other in alphabetical order.
1. Which American actress played Carrie in "Four Weddings and a Funeral"?
2. "Sooner Or Later" and "You Must Love Me" were Oscar winning songs performed by which singer?
3. What organisation is also known as "La Cosa Nostra"?
4. In what film did Clint Eastwood play Dirty Harry for the second time?
5. Which infectious disease has a name derived from the Latin for "bad air"?
6. Which TV series has characters called Reese, Dewey, Malcolm, Lois, Hal and Francis?
7. Which band released the album "The Holy Bible" in 1994?
8. What was the name of the farm where the animals lived in George Orwell's "Animal Farm"?
9. Which is world's largest football stadium?
10. Who is the only actor to speak in Mel Brooks' film "Silent Movie" saying the word "No"?
11. For which carnival is the American city of New Orleans famous?
12. In Eastenders, what are the names of Pauline Fowlers two sons?
13. In the TV series "Only Fools And Horses", what is the name of Boycie's wife?
14. In literature, which fictional detective lived at St Mary Mead?
15. What comes between Duke and Earl in the ranking of British peers?
16. Who is The Roman God of War?
17. In which American state was the film 'The Blair Witch Project' set?
18. What would a phillumenist collect? Bottle tops, Envelopes or Matchbox labels?
19. On which island did the now extinct dodo live?
20. In 1996 what overtook Coca-Cola as being the most well known brand name in the world?
21. What is the most popular natural attraction in Alaska?
22. Who was the manager of the punk band "The Sex Pistols"?
23. In rock music, Marvin Lee Aday is better known by a high school nick-name. What is it?
24. "The Trolley Song", "Under the Bamboo Tree" and "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" are songs featured in which classic musical?
25. Which Leicestershire town is famous for its pork pies?
26. What are the only two planets in the solar system which do not have moons?
27. Who was the incurable optimist in Dickens' novel David Copperfield?
28. Which 1997 film starred John Travolta as an angel?
29. Which actress appeared in the films "Get Shorty", "Ruthless People" and "The First Wives Club"?
30. YumYum and Ko-Ko appear in which opera?
1. Andie MacDowell
3. The Mafia
4. Magnum Force
6. Malcolm In The Middle
7. Manic Street Preachers
8. Manor Farm
9. The Maracana Rio De Janiero
10. Marcel Marceau
11. Mardi Gras
12. Mark and Martin
14. Miss Marple
18. Matchbox labels
21. (Mount) McKinley
22. Malcolm McLaren
24. Meet me in St Louis
25. Melton Mowbray
26. Mercury and Venus
29. Bette Midler