Alphabetical Quiz 38
The following quiz round was submitted by Ted Smith from the UK. Many thanks Ted, a great idea.
The idea is that all the answers to the following questions follow each other in alphabetical order.
1. Which hit from the glory days of rock and roll contains the lyrics "When you left me all alone, at the record hop,told me you were going out for a soda pop"?
2. What are the six categories in which Nobel prizes are awarded each year?
3. In which James Bond film does the character of Solitaire appear?
4. If you were suffering from hepatitis which part of the body would be affected most?
5. What was Cliff Richards' first number one single?
6. Which people met famously in Ujiji in 1871?
7. What film features the characters Barry the Baptist and Hatchett Harry?
8. What was John Napier famous for inventing?
9. Which controversial 1955 novel is Vladimir Nabokov's best known?
10. On a typewriter, which word beginning with "l" and ending in "p" is the longest word that can be typed only using the right side of a typewriter?
11. What sporting event was won by Antonio Pinto in 1997 and 2001 and by Dionicio Ceron in 1994 and 1995?
12. Which pop star filed for divorce from her husband Cris Judd in July, 2002?
13. By what title was Oliver Cromwell known?
14. What company was founded by Parisian chemistry student Eugene Schuller in 1907, creating a dye to cover grey hair with natural looking colours?
15. Which US city contains the residential area of Bel Air?
16. What was added to the full title of the film "Home Alone 2"?
17. Which TV series featured a space-ship called "Jupiter 11"?
18. In music, what does the word "forte" mean?
19. What's the names of Donald Duck's three nephews?
20. Which boxer was nicknamed 'The Brown Bomber'?
21. Which five American states border on the Gulf of Mexico?
22. What was the title of the Beatles' first single?
23. In which film did Elvis Presley make his acting debut?
24. Who directed the 1973 film "American Graffiti"?
25. The name of which game means "I Play" in Latin?
26. In the famous Nintendo games, what is the name of Mario's brother?
27. Lancaster is on which river?
28. What are the seven deadly sins?
29. In 1965, who became country music's first female millionaire?
30. Who was the lead singer with the band Thin Lizzy?
1. "Lipstick On Your Collar" (by Connie Francis)
2. Literature, Physics, chemistry,medicine, peace and economics.
3. Live and Let Die
4. The liver
5. "Living Doll"
6. Livingstone and Stanley
7. Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
11. The London Marathon
12. Jennifer Lopez
13. Lord Protector
15. Los Angeles
16. Lost In New York".
17. "Lost In Space"
19. Louie. Huey, and Dewey
20. Joe Louis
21. Louisiana, Alabama, Florida, Mississippi and Texas.
22. Love Me Do
23. Love Me Tender
24. George Lucas
28. Lust, Anger, Covetousness, Envy, Gluttony, Pride and Sloth
29. Loretta Lynn
30. Phil Lynott