Alphabetical Quiz 37
The following quiz round was submitted by Ted Smith from the UK. Many thanks Ted, a great idea.
The idea is that all the answers to the following questions follow each other in alphabetical order.
1. The winner of which sporting event is awarded the "Venus Rose Water Dish"?
2. What type of geographical feature is Okeechobee in Florida?
3. What nationality is the footballer Marian Pahars?
4. Which American female singer fronted the 1970s rock band Blue Angel, before going on to solo success?
5. Which half of a famous comedy duo was born at Ulverston in the Lake District in 1890?
6. In the TV comedy series "The Good Life", what was the surname of the Good's neighbours?
7. Which 2 metals are mixed to form solder?
8. With which famous rock band did John Paul Jones play guitar?
9. What was the screen name of actor Lee Yuen Kim?
10.The film "Rogue Trader", starring Ewan McGregor, is based around the life of which person?
11.Who is actress Jamie Lee Curtis' famous mother?
12.Who was the leader of the Bolshevik Revolution in Russia in 1917?
13.The Elton John song "Empty Garden" was a tribute to who?
14.Who in 1988 became the first boxer to win world titles at 5 officially recognises weights?
15.What is the common name for Hansen's Disease?
16.Which Beatles song was a number one for "Ferry Aid"?
17.What is the common title of hit singles for "David Bowie", "Five" and "Chris Rea"?
18. What name is given to a young hare?
19. What is the third book of the Old Testament?
20.Peter Shilton played his 1000th league game with which club?
21.What is the only country to have a flag which consists of only one colour?
22.Which small European country has the capital city of Vaduz?
23.How is a polygraph better known?
24.Which river flows through Dublin?
25.What is photophobia a fear of?
26.What do the letters in the acronym LED stand for?
27.Martin Luther King stood before what monument when he delivered his famous "I have a dream" speech?
28.What are the three largest Cathedrals in England?
29.Who was the first man to fly the Atlantic solo?
30.What is the name given to the beam placed above a window or door?
1. Ladies Singles at Wimbledon
2. A lake
4. Cyndi Lauper
5. Stan Laurel
7. Lead , tin
8. Led Zeppelin
9. Bruce Lee
10. Nick Leeson
11. Janet Leigh
13. John Lennon
14. Sugar Ray Leonard
16. Let It Be
17. Let's Dance
18. A leveret
20. Leyton Orient
23. Lie detector test
24. The Liffey
26. Light-emitting diode
27. Lincoln Memorial
28. Lincoln, St Paul’s, and York Minster
29. Charles Lindbergh