The following quiz round was submitted by Ted Smith from the UK. Many thanks Ted, a great idea.
The idea is that all the answers to the following questions follow each other in alphabetical order.
1. Who played a bisexual bank robber in the 1975 film "Dog Day Afternoon"?
2. "All children, except one, grow up" is the opening line from which famous story?
3. Which two countries border Costa Rica?
4. Who in Greek mythology was the first woman on earth?
5. In the film "The Jungle Book" what type of animal was Bagheera?
6. Equivalent to 3.26 light years, what is "parsec" is an abbreviation of which two words?
7. Which European capital city was known as Lutecia by the Romans?
8. In Greek mythology, who hit Achilles in his heel with a poisoned arrow?
9. What were the surnames of Bonnie and Clyde?
10. In the Simpsons, what are the names of Marge's two sisters?
11. What are the surnames of the three tenors?
12. In the book "Through The Looking Glass", which chess piece does Alice start off as?
13. Which two England footballers missed penalties against Germany in the 1990 World Cup semi-final?
14. In Greek mythology what is the name of the winged horse?
15. By what name is the comic book (and film) character of Oswald Cobblepot better known?
16. What is the largest office building in the World with an area of around 6 and a half million square feet?
17. How are the first five books of the bible known collectively?
18. What was the name of the blind Benedictine monk who invented Champagne?
19. Who played Norman Bates in the 1960 film "Psycho"?
20. St Johnstown was once the capital city of Scotland. By what name is St Johnstown now known?
21. Who played the title role in the TV series "Worzel Gummidge"?
22. From which country did Paddington bear come?
23. How were the musical duo Asher and Weller better known?
24. Who played the title roles in the 1991 film "Frankie and Johnny"?
25. Which American city is known as 'the city of brotherly love'?
26. What would call a collector of Matchbox labels?
27. What is the state capital of Arizona?
28. Which American actor died at the age of 22 after collapsing outside a club in 1993.
29. Which famous artist's career stretched from 1895 to his death in 1973?
30. Which silent film star was known as America's Sweetheart.
1. Al Pacino
2. "Peter Pan"
3. Panama and Nicaragua
5. A panther
6. Parallax second
9. Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow
10. Patty and Selma
11. Pavarotti, Carreras, Domingo
13. Stuart Pearce and Chris Waddle
15. The Penguin
16. The Pentagon
17. The Pentateuch
18. Dom Perignon
19. Anthony Perkins
21. Jon Pertwee
23. Peter & Gordon
24. Michelle Pfeiffer and Al Pacino
26. a phillumenist
28. River Phoenix
29. Pablo Picasso
30. Mary Pickford