The following quiz round was submitted by Ted Smith from the UK. Many thanks Ted, a great idea.
The idea is that all the answers to the following questions follow each other in alphabetical order.
1. A No 3 Hit for Dave Dee Dozy Beaky Mick and Tich?
2. Who had a hit with In The Year 2525
3. On which river would you find the Victoria Falls?
4. An African country. Capital Lusaka?
5. The name of the former Dutch Grand Prix venue?
6. Mugabe led which party when becoming Zimbabwe’s 1st President
7. Which company advertised its products on TV with the slogan "The appliance of Science"?
8. Tanzania is a country formed from 2 countries. Tanganyika was 1 what was the other?
9. Counter-culture rock star that died in the mid-1990s?
10. An electrical device that can injure or kill
11. Which child star spotted on opportunity knocks had a hit with Ma He’s Making Eyes At Me
12. Which 1960s cop show was set in Newtown
13. This is another way to say enthusiasm?
14. What is the name of the largest island in Denmark
15. Transport…what was first introduced into the UK on 31 October 1951?
16. Belgian port famous for a disaster in 1987?
17. Who won an Oscar for best supporting actress for her role in Cold Mountain
18. A soft, gentle breeze?
19. Who is the German count with a mode of transportation named after him?
20. What number can't be represented in roman numerals?
21. A Shetland Isle?
22. American theatrical producer
23. The country for which Bruce Grobelaar kept goal?
24. What is Bob Dylan's real name?
25. What metal is used to galvanise steel?
26. A type of grape used to make wine?
27. Bushy type plant with dahlia blossoms
28. What is the name of the underground city in the Matrix films
29. This product was first produced in 1932 in Pennsylvania in 1950 one of them was removed from the belly of a fish and lit first time
30. Bungo and George's friend in 'Rainbow'?
31. This is a cheap Gemstone
32. Which element has the chemical symbol Zr?
33. What do Americans call a facial spot?
34. A musical instrument?
35. Prior to the Euro what was Poland’s currency?
36. The last king of Albania?
37. Fear of all animals?
38. A cough sweet that was “Good for your tubes”?
39. Slender green Italian marrows
40. Who had a hit with Cheap Sunglasses
2. Zager and Evans
9. Frank Zappa
11. Zavaroni (Lena)
12. Z Cars
15. Zebra Crossing
17. Zellweger Renee
19. Count von Zeppelin
24. Robert Zimmerman
29. Zippo lighter
40. ZZ Top